Esidisi {Heat}

The stone beneath my feet was so cold it almost hurt. I couldn't believe how ridiculously algid the ruin could get during the winter. You'd think it'd be a little warmer as it was in South America. Well, part of it was underground I suppose.

I stalked the hallways in search of warmth. Esidisi had disappeared without notice and left me to die of hypothermia on the small bed I called my own. He had agreed to stay with me after hours of pestering him. Now both he and all of my blankets were gone. I saw a light in a room ahead and walked in. Torchlight cast a yellow glow on the small room. Inside was an old hearth and anvil. Not what I was looking for.

"Dammit," I muttered quietly to myself. I shivered and rubbed my arms. I hate ruins and winter and Esidisi. I walked around for a while more until it started to get warmer. The air around me was not as stiff and frigid. I nearly ran ahead until I reached a large room that we had made the living room. It's about to be the not-so-living room because a certain pillar man is about to get his ass kicked. I turned the corner to see him sitting in his normal spot on the couch covered in my blankets. Why would he need my blankets? He can literally boil his blood. I felt my face redden with anger and he looked up at me.

"Esidisi, What the hell?" I yelled.

He looked at me with a soft expression. What the hell? He never looks at anyone like that. What is he planning? I approached the couch and stared at him with contempt. He looked at me calmly and radiated more heat. It was so warm and I was still standing several feet away from him. I wondered what it would feel like to sit with him. My body ached for the heat but I stood my ground.

"Well?" He asked calmly. I doubted his intentions; He was being hella suspicious. Eventually, I sighed and fell onto the couch next to him. He held up a blanket and I laid down underneath it. It was so perfectly warm I nearly fell asleep right away. I turned and made a small opening just big enough to see his face. He was simply staring into space, not paying any attention to me. I reached up and poked his cheek. He looked down at me and smiled smugly. Fuck. I knew something was up. I tried to sit up but he restrained me. The heat made me too tired to resist.

"Esidisi," I said in a long drawl. I stretched further into his lap and looked up at him. He simply placed his arm on my side put his head in his hand. He looked out and completely disregarded my existence. I knew he had some motive for whatever he was doing and I didn't know if I wanted to find out what it was. I found myself going in and out of consciousness as I further melted into his lap. Finally, I sat up and pulled the blanket around me. I repositioned myself and leaned against his chest. His skin was hot to the touch and I winced, pulling away quickly. He adjusted his arm around my waist and silently lowered his temperature. He used his other hand to brush my hair out my face and tuck it behind my ear. I stared at him incredulously and leaned back onto his chest. He was still warm but at least it was tolerable. I found myself falling asleep again. This time I welcomed it and nuzzled further into Esidisi. After a few minutes silence he looked down at me with another smug grin.

"I win this time," he said quietly. That smug bastard. I finally understood his damn game. He got me to wander this cold stone temple for half an hour just to fall asleep on him. At least I finally knew what shenanigans he was planning earlier.