Wamuu {Sweet Romance}

For the hopeless romantic in all of us

You leaned on Wamuu's shoulder, digging into the soft sand with your toes. You glanced up at him, the sun glazed his eyes an emerald green and melted his often stoic expression to something much softer. He was almost smiling. You felt your chest tense as you looked up at his handsome face. His smooth features, defined profile, plump lips, they all made your heart skip a beat. 

You couldn't remember your first lover, or any of them as a matter of fact, but you could remember the first time you saw Wamuu. His strong build and stern expression made something burn inside of you. What was once a white-hot, lustful flame had burned down to something much deeper. You had fallen in love. 

Wamuu made you feel complete, he was your best friend and so much more. He was everything and you loved him. He loved you too. You especially loved the quiet words, soft touches, and quick glances that came with being with Wamuu. He was never very openly emotional but he still liked to show affection. You did too, but you were a bit bolder. You baked, picked flowers, and openly  declared your love for him quite often. You were vocal with your love and emotionally driven. But when you were alone, things were different. 

There were no lengthy confessions of love in private, no steamy exchanges or awkward conversations. Just the two of you in your own world. All that mattered was you and Wamuu. You laid together in near silence for hours, whispering quiet conversations about life or how Kars shed all over the place. You were perfectly content. 

You stared out at the ocean, listening to your lover's soft breaths. You closed your eyes and took his hand in yours, lightly squeezing it. He looked down at you and kissed the top of your head. 

"I love you," he murmured. They were three simple words, yet they made your heart ache with overwhelming emotion. 

"You're beautiful," you replied softly. He laughed and wrapped an arm around your shoulders, giving you another chaste kiss on your cheek. 

"You stole my line." You smiled and opened your eyes, meeting his gaze. Yeah, he was beautiful. You looked away with a short laugh and leaned into his embrace. 

"I love you too."