Diego {Master} 3 *TW*

:3 *TRIGGER WARNING* not sure what to list here but thought this would be good to include anyway bc this chapter has some,, sensitive topics (burning of a church)

Soft light radiated from the corners of the room. Flames danced in black candle wicks and fluttered ever so slightly. Pillows and blankets were piled up on a large, ornate bed. You lied among the pillows sleeping peacefully. The doorknob turned slowly, the white wooden door pushing open without a sound. Diego stepped into the room and sat down on the edge of your bed. He softly stroked your leg through the blankets. Gazing down at your sleeping face, he pondered just how far you would go. He never intended to toy with a human as much as he had you, but you followed him so blindly he got carried away. He never meant to be cruel to you. Diego may be powerful, but his following is quite small. As one of his most devoted worshipers, he developed a close relationship with you. He was surprised when you summoned him though. As much as he wanted to nurture that relationship with you, playing with you was just so much fun.

Diego leaned over and gently stroked your jaw. Your eyelids fluttered, the sensation pulling you from your dreams. You awoke to see Diego sitting on the edge of your bed. Seeing him next to you made your chest tighten and your heart beat a little faster.

"Good morning, Master," you mumbled. He chuckled.

"Good afternoon."

"Afternoon?" You sat up and pulled an old alarm clock off of your dresser. It was indeed after noon. "My apologies, I didn't realize-"

"That's quite alright." He pressed a quick kiss to your cheek. "I hope you slept well, I have a task for you today."

"I am always prepared to serve you."

"Then you'd better get dressed, sleepyhead." He pulled away and walked out, leaving you stunned by his sudden tenderness. You got up and pulled on a basic outfit, nothing that was too unique. You had a feeling you'd be performing another particular kind of task. After tying your boots, you stepped out into the living room. Diego was sitting on your kitchen counter. He lounged near the coffee machine as it bubbled. You pulled two mugs out of a cabinet and placed them next to him.

"How can I serve you today?" He smiled.

"Now, I know this is quite specific but I'm confident you'll be capable of this," he paused to pour himself some coffee and took a long sip, "Are you familiar with the Methodist church on the corner?"

"I believe so."

"I need you to go to church today. Sneak into the administrative office during 8:00 mass and disarm their security system. Oh. Here's this." He pulled open a drawer below him and pulled out a crowbar and small handgun. "These will help. Make sure none of the locks are functional, and for good measure use whatever you can to block the doors when you leave." He finished his coffee with a smile as you took his gifts.

"So you want me to lock down the church?"

"Precisely." You stared down at the crowbar. At least 100 people attended that church. Some of your friends' parents went there. You glanced back up at him. "Of course, if you're uncomfortable you could decline."

"I can do it," you blurted.

"Very well. You always impress me." He placed a finger on your lip and softly pressed a chaste kiss to your cheek before disappearing in a puff of smoke. You collected his empty mug and rinsed it out before placing it on his altar. You sighed and pulled out your phone, opening your contacts.

"Hey Jodie, take your parents to early mass."

   "Why? You know they like going later."

"I miss you guys, I wanted to take you out to dinner :("