Jotaro { Quiet }

Joot Doot & Mute!F.Reader

     Joseph watched painfully as his grandson tried to get close to his fellow crusader. Jotaro's crush was obvious to the older man since the beginning. He knew as soon as their new ally had joined them, the teen was absolutely smitten.

     But he never pried or even let on that he knew, instead he opted to watch from the sidelines.

      Currently, Polnareff, Kakyoin, and Jotaro were huddled around a table, focusing intently as she scribbled something on a napkin. The older man had to bite back a loud groan when he saw Jotaro try to inch closer, only to be deflected by Polnareff.

     "He's absolutely hopeless."

     The sudden assessment from Avdol made him jump, but he agreed.

     "I don't think he was made to have a crush," he sighed, rubbing his temples. Avdol nodded, tutting when Kakyoin accidentally interrupted Jotaro.

      The duo couldn't pull their eyes from the pitiful sight. Jotaro was definitely not as charismatic as the other two. Hell, Kakyoin was mildly socially awkward, but he was having an easier time talking to her!

     "Maybe we should help him," Avdol offered.

     Joseph sighed, "maybe so."

   -
     Jotaro was having a hard time keeping his cool. He couldn't fault Kakyoin or Polnareff for wanting to get closer to their new ally, but it still upset him to have to vie for her attention.

      "Wow! You're saying that you just woke up from surgery and you couldn't speak any more?!" Polnareff exclaimed. She nodded, scribbling down a new sentence on the crowded napkin

     Cerebellar mutism, I think is what it's called.

     Jotaro quietly admired her neat, loopy handwriting. He'd gotten used to her communicating that way, but never took the time to look at the way the letters formed. It wasn't like he could do much, Polnareff would speak over him even if he did compliment her penmanship.

     "Kakyoin, Polnareff, could you come here a moment?"

     Avdol's deep voice rumbled through the train car. Jotaro sent a confused glance to his grandfather before catching on to the silver haired man's sly grin. His face heated up. Shit.

     Polnareff gave the top of her hand a kiss before excusing himself, while Kakyoin merely thanked her for the 'chat'. It left him with an uncomfortable feeling settling in his stomach like a rock. He didn't know what to say!

     For a moment, he debated leaving her to save himself from the trap that Joseph and Avdol had put him in. But he didn't.

      Iggy's soft snoring was the only sound between the two, along with the noise of her scratching behind his large ears. Jotaro puffed at his cigarette anxiously, trying to find something to say.

     "Can you sign?"

     She looked over at him, surprised that he spoke. She lightly shook her hand, making a 'so-so' motion with a shrug.

     "Could you teach me?"

     The words sounded weird and stiff coming out of his mouth. She looked...shocked. He felt his face burn, had he said the wrong thing? Before he could apologize(rather, cover it up with an insult to her), she smiled brightly at him and nodded.

      -

     It became a little tradition for her to teach him sign language in their off time. The very first thing she taught him was the sign for 'bitch', giggling the whole time. She'd placed her hand vertically on her chin before moving it outwards and down.

     She then taught him other expletives, telling him she thought those would be the most useful to him. He would be lying if he said it didn't make him blush, but he wouldn't admit it, either.

     Soon, Jotaro found himself doing the gestures to defeated enemy stand users, grinning the whole time. On the occasion she was with him, he'd her her soft, wheezing laugh.

     They moved on rather quickly, with Jotaro proving to be very attentive despite her little jokes. She'd shown him how to make useful statements, even throwing in "I love you", reasoning that he could use it when he was talking to his mother.

     Of course, their little bond became apparent to the other two crusaders (and Iggy, but he could care less). It suddenly made sense why Avdol and Joseph would suddenly call them away. None of them would say anything to the duo, though. Polnareff had whined that Jotaro always got the attractive ladies, but that was the most any of them had said.

     Much to Joseph's dismay, however, neither of them seemed to understand that their crushes were mutual. For now, he'd wait for them to find out on their own, as painful as it would be.

Good evening lads, lasses and non-binary masses, we're gonna open up requests as soon as we finish our first batch, so stay tuned for that announcement!
~Ghost
Also please take care of yourself a during this difficult time, dms are always open if you need to talk :^)