Josuke {Rotary Dial}

Don't ask wtf the title is it's 21:47 PM and I don't know what love is anymore

You laid across your bed, twirling the cord of your telephone. It was dark blue and had a few stickers on it. You softly traced one of the stickers as you thought about what to do next. The task ahead of you was daunting, frightening, it took all of your will to even come this far. The many nights you spent on the phone all came flooding back to you. Memories of lying there for hours, the cord tangled around your fingers as you listened to his voice on the line. 

Tonight was the night. You would finally tell him just how you felt. You had put it off for so long, making lame excuses, letting his calls ring out, awkwardly changing the subject. You were done with that. It started about a year ago, and awkward friendship turning into a blossoming companionship. 

You hesitantly turned the wheel. You knew his number by heart, so why was it so hard to dial. The wheel spun back and you moved on to the next digit. The dial tone rung in your ears as you sat curled up with your phone. It rung once, twice. 

"Hey (Y/N)!" 

"Josuke!" You bit your lip and smiled wide. You loved the easy sweetness of his voice. 

"Whats up? It's a little late, make sure you go to bed at a good time."

"Sure thing mom," you giggled and heard him laugh on the other end of the line, "I actually needed to talk to you about something."

"Well, obviously." You sighed. You had spent hours collecting your thoughts but now that it was time you couldn't think. 

"We've been friends for a while. I think, um... Have you ever thought about dating someone?" You wanted to hit yourself on the back of the head. 

"Maybe."

"Well, I was kinda thinking about that recently. Could you imagine that? Me with a boyfriend?" You laughed nervously.

"Maybe it's not a crazy idea."

"Do you like anyone?" He paused. 

"I thought you needed to talk to me, not interrogate me."

"Well yeah, but... I think I like someone."

"Ooh, tell me about them." You took a deep breath and closed your eyes. 

"I don't know. I just," you sighed, "it's you," you blurted. You took in a sharp breath and shut your eyes tight. 

"(Y/N)-" You slammed the phone down on the receiver. 

"Fuck." You flopped back on your bed and stared at the ceiling. Tears beaded in your eyes and your chest tightened. "Fuck!" Well, you had accomplished the main goal, which was telling him, but what would you do now?

Hey comrades totally forgot to put this before I published lmao but I wanted to try an interactive kinda thing? Basically, Y'all choose what happens. SO, lets get those options up in here

Route A: Call him back coward 

Route B: Wait until school to see him

Route C: Cry until he throws rocks at your window and shows up with a stereo on his shoulders 

Route D: Idk whatever you guys can come up with thats spicy

(When I was writing these I kinda read it in Chris's voice from TDI lmao, also route C is kinda a joke but if y'all want it I'll write it I gotchu)