Jolyne {Candy}

A/N: Who doesn't love Jolyne? Jesus, I love her so much. aaaAA

"Lips as sweet as candy, it's taste is on my mind. Girl, you got me thirsty for another cup o' wine~" you sang lightly. Jolyne giggled and interrupted you with a weak jab to the ribs.

"That song again?" She crossed her arms and whined as she sat on your new couch. You had lived together for a while and just saved enough for a nice sofa.

"I thought it was your favorite," you pouted.

"Well, when you sing it." You felt your cheeks heat up as you grinned. You sat down next to her and she put her legs over your lap. "So, what's for dinner?" You smirked.

"Hmm... I was thinking..." you tapped her nose playfully, "you." Jolyne laughed and shook her head.

"Sorry honey, not tonight. I have a headache."

"What era do we live in, the 50's?!"

"I'm really hungry," she whined again, "I want you to make something Special for me." You sighed and moved her legs off of yours. You leaned down and kissed her forehead. She smiled and hummed lightly.

"Fine. I hope you know how much I love you."

"I know, baby." For some reason, you loved her pet names; even the ones every couple used. When she said it, it made you feel special. You heard her turn on the t.v. as you left the room. You turned into the spacious kitchen and opened the fridge. You physically cringed at the amount of food you had, which was close to nothing. You checked the freezer which actually had a good amount of food. It was mostly vegetables and ice cream, an interesting combination.

You dug through the absurd amount of ice cream until you came across what was likely to be an antique by now. It was a Kid Cuisine. You laughed quietly and pulled the box out of the freezer. You hadn't had one of those in years. You flipped it over to look at the directions while walking towards the microwave.

You tore open the small blue box and followed the instructions on the back. She wouldn't hear the microwave over the sound of the t.v. You hummed 'Southern Nights' as you waited by the machine. Soon enough, the microwave beeped, telling you the meal was done. You pulled it out and put it on a plate. What a fancy dinner.

You stalked the kitchen wondering if you should make anything else. You wandered upon your basket of old Halloween candy. That basket was filled about 3 years ago and was now overflowing with sweets. You picked a few of her favorite candies from the basket and placed them beside the kid cuisine.

Looking over it you decided to make it a bit more appetizing. You took the food out of the plastic tray and arranged it on the plate like a real meal. Perfect. You carried the plate out to her with a proud gait. She would get a kick out of this.

"Here's dinner," you purred, setting the plate on the coffee table in front of her. She still had her eyes on the t.v. 

"Thanks, Sugar." She turned and kissed your cheek before looking down at the plate. It took her a second to process but once she got it she looked at you with a scandalized expression. "I thought you were gonna make dinner for me," she wined. She pouted, her bottom lip quivering slightly. 

"I did." She gave you a pained puppy dog expression. God, her looks melted you, but you couldn't give in now. 

"But baby," she wrapped her arms around yours. You pulled your car keys out of your pocket and shook them near her face. 

"How about we go get something special." Jolyne's face lit up at your suggestion. She flashed you a toothy grin and grabbed the keys, quickly jumping over the arm of the couch and rushed to get her shoes on. She was halfway out the door by the time you were ready to leave. "One condition!" You called after her. She turned and raised her eyebrows. 

"Yes?"

"I want dessert when we get home," you said with a sly grin. You felt your cheeks heat up at the suggestion, to which she responded with a knowing smile. 

"Oh don't worry, there's plenty." She giggled. As you walked to the car you sent a silent prayer of thanks and hoped that you survived the night. 

A/N: I know I'm on hiatus right now but this was already done so I decided to publish it. Spooky right? Bonus; I don't know about y'all but I love pet names. Is that like,,, a weird thing? 'Coz I really don't know (or care). 

~ Jade