Speedwagon {Heirloom}

Speedweed pulls a virgin Mary

You bounced down the stairs, your school bag carelessly slung over your shoulder. You ran into the dining room, your hair a mess and your shoes clacking noisily against the floor. You plopped down on your chair and smiled up at your father on the other side of the table.

"Good morning daddy!" He looked up from his report and smiled up at you affectionately.

"Oh (Y/N), your hair is a mess! And look at your tie, did you forget?" You glanced down at the messy clump of fabric that hung from your neck and gave him a nervous smile. He laughed and set the paper back onto the mountain of paperwork he was completing. "Come here."

You stood and walked around the table, trying to undo the knot that you had tied in frustration. He brushed your hands away and quickly untied the knot, pulling one end of the strip of fabric so the wider end was longer.

"Here, watch me." He slowly fastened the tie as you watched intently, trying to memorize the steps. Once he finished he pulled away with a satisfied smile. "Now what to do with that," he mused, gesturing to your wild hair. You had inherited more than just his genius, you also got his curly blonde hair.

"Dad, I tried to brush it." He looked at you for a second, pausing in thought.

"Try this." He walked to the living room, disappearing behind the wall. He soon returned with a large checkered had in his hands, it looked so funny you had to suppress a laugh. He brought it to you and smiled, gently placing on your head. You laughed at pulled it down, readjusting it so it sat comfortably. Your golden curls tumbled down your shoulders, jutting out from under the strange hat. You could already tell you looked ridiculous.

"I can't wear this! It's your special hat." You took it off and held it close to your chest. He placed his hand on your cheek, giving you a soft kiss on the forehead.

"It was my special hat, but now it's yours. I want you to keep it, you look cute in it." You smiled and put the hat back on.

"Thanks dad. I'll see you later." You gave him a quick hug and darted around him, holding on to the edge of the hat as you ran out of the door. You didn't care if it looked silly, you loved your special hat and nothing would change that.