Josuke {Home}

(F/F) = Favorite Flavor

(S/F/F) = Second Favorite Flavor. So original...

You sat on a bench on the edge of town and looked out on the ocean. It had been seven years since you moved to Morioh, but you still longed for the place you called home. You had been displaced from your hometown when you were only nine, making you sixteen. At the moment, you felt a lot older than sixteen.

"Hey, what's up? You were late again today." You heard a soft voice next to you say. You looked over to see your best friend, Josuke Bosuke. He looked at you with a worried expression.

"Oh, um... I missed the bus," you lied. You had been late to school that morning after laying in bed for hours, crying, because of your homesickness. Well, it wasn't a full lie, but you still felt guilty about not telling him the truth. You tried not to look at him so he couldn't catch your gaze. If he did, he would know something was wrong in an instant. You felt him place his hand on yours and your cheeks heated up. 'What are you Doing?' you thought. He closed his hand around yours and stood up, pulling you up with him. He gently held your hand, as if he thought it might break.

"How about we go get some ice cream? Then we could go back to my place and play video games." He suggested in a soft tone. You simply nodded and he started walking towards town. You followed him with quiet steps, content as he held your hand.

When you finally reached a small ice cream parlor, Josuke stopped and held the door as you walked in. The bell rung sweetly as he closed the door and the clerk flashed you a quick smile. You and Josuke approached the counter and you looked at the many flavors. There was so many of them! You scanned the flavors as Josuke did the same. You eventually decided on one scoop of (F/f) and one of (S/F/F). The clerk placed a cherry on top and served you the cones. You gave her a soft, "thank you", as Josuke paid and you found a table outside.

Josuke joined you with a wide grin. His smile filled you with warmth, the kind you would feel back at home sitting in front of your fireplace with your family. You were struck with another pang of homesickness and frowned at your ice cream. Josuke's smile faded ever so slightly when he saw your face. He gently put his hand on your jaw and lifted your chin.

"(Y/N)," he said your name gently, like it was glass that could break at any moment. "Are you sure you're alright?" he asked as he sat across from you.

"Yea, I'll be fine," you lied. You didn't want to make Josuke worry or be a burden to him, so you keep your problems to yourself. You ate the ice cream in silence as night air filled the space between you. Once both of you were done, Josuke took your hand and you walked out of the parlor.

Josuke kept a firm yet grip on your hand, as if he was  scared your slip away. You rubbed your thumb along the back of his hand in reassurance, his hands were surprisingly soft. You leaned your head on his shoulder as you walked, and for the first time in a  while, you truly felt at home.