Esidisi {Help}

10 minutes. It had been 10 minutes since Esidisi started crying. Normally, his tears would have subsided by now. His loud, obnoxious sobbing could be heard throughout the dusty temple. Poor baby, you thought to yourself. There was no doubt that he was extremely stressed.

You close your book. Time to investigate. You stand up from your position. As you left the study, you plucked the torch from the sconce on the wall. The sound of your feet was the only noise that you could hear, aside from Esidisi's soul-shattering whimpers and cries. You followed his sobs down the winding corridors.

You reached the door where his cries were the loudest. It had taken a few minutes, but you were finally there. You raise your fist and knock on the door gently.

"Master Esidisi?" You call softly. You were met with a loud, frightening sob. You sigh and open the old door.

Esidisi was curled up into a ball on a neglected bed. His entire form was shaking. You place the torch into the wall sconce before joining him on the bed. You touch his back lightly. To your surprise, he was cold.

"Master Esidisi? Is there anything I can do?" you ask. He continues to sob. You lay your head on his back and wrap your arms around his large torso. Why was he so cold?

Esidisi shifted around so that you were in his lap. He placed his chin on top of your head. You felt his tears drip on to your hair. You wondered what had put him into such a sad state. There wasn't much you could do if he wouldn't respond. Esidisi nuzzles into your hair. This little action made a distant memory come back to you. Then, you had an idea.

"Master Esidisi, can we play a game?" You ask innocently. Esidisi gives a soft grunt in response.

"Okay, here are the rules," you say, "I'll write letters on your back, and you have to tell me what I'm writing. Sound good?" Esidisi nods.

So, you start. Your fingers lightly trace the letters S-A-N-T-A-N-A on his back. You feel him shiver slightly. "Santana," Esidisi mumbles.

You start with random words, then it becomes phrases. Each time, Esidisi murmurs back the answer. You can feel his warmth returning gradually. His body isn't shaking anymore, which is good. You subconsciously begin to hum as he continues to answer correctly. Suddenly, you have an interesting idea. You think for a moment about the words, trying to see if you can translate the quote.

'Conquistar desde dentro'. You trace the words into his back and he responds in no less time than before.

"Conquer from within." You pull your hand away from him and he shivers at the loss of touch.

"You translated that?"

"Of course, it's not your first language, or am I wrong?" You splayed your hands on his back, guiding them over his dark skin to rest on his shoulders, pulling him into an embrace. He leaned into your touch and played with the ends of your hair.

"I suppose it is." He hummed lowly in response, wrapping his arms around you to pull you closer. You found that your breathing has synced with his as his chest rose and fell with steady rhythm. "Master Esidisi?" You said his name with quiet gentility.

"Yes, (Y/N)?" You shivered as your name left his lips. His tone was relaxed, relieved even. Your question seemed stupid now that you considered actually asking it.

"Have I helped at all?" He looked down at you and smiled softly before nuzzling into your hair once again. He chuckled and hugged you tight for just a moment.

"No, not at all," he replied in a sarcastic tone. He drew out the last couple words in a sigh and let go of you. You readjusted in his lap and leaned against his chest.

"Glad I could help."