Polnareff {Cooking}

A/N: Not gonna lie, I was a bit uninspired when I wrote this so it may not be the best. I just felt like our favorite french-man deserved some love. For this, since I was bit lazy, I used (F/F) as favorite flower. It's near the end but I didn't know whether that was used very often so a heads up I guess.

You slammed the door closed behind you and turned into a large kitchen. Sun floated about the room through the sky-light in the ceiling. You dropped all of the bags of groceries you were carrying on the island. The jars and bottles clattered against the marble countertop. As you began cleaning the kitchen, you turned on some music. You set your playlist on shuffle and the first song to come on was "Que Sera Sera", one of your favorites. Once the cleaning was done, you started unloading the groceries. You heard soft footsteps echoing from the hallway. From behind you came a mellifluous voice gently carrying the tune.

"Bonjour, Chérie."

"Hello, Polnareff," you said sweetly as you finished unpacking the food. You took everything out that you would be using to make dinner, fished a knife out of the drawer, and started to prepare the food

"What's all this?" He asked.

"Dinner," you replied shortly. You were going to surprise him but that had been ruined. At least you could keep from him what you were making. "Now, can I cook it?" You didn't mean to be rude but it came out cold.

"Ah, come on now, don't be like that," he said in a smooth voice. You turned and faced him, pointing at him with your free hand.

"It's a Surprise," you said slowly, lowering your hand. He smiled brightly; the smile that you loved so much.

"Alright, Mon Amour."

"Yeah, yeah." He gave you a quick hug and left. You worked listening to your favorite songs as Polnareff lingered in the living room; occasionally humming along. You could see him from the kitchen and glanced back every now and then to make sure he wasn't peeking at what you were making. You were cooking beef medallions and mushrooms with your signature red wine sauce over rice. Although there are plenty of red wine sauce recipes, yours is special, made to fit Polnareff's tastes perfectly. You tried to open the bottle of wine with much difficulty when you realized the cork was far too stuck for you to get it open. "Shit," you muttered under your breath. Polnareff was by your side in a moment. He grabbed the bottle from you and opened it without any trouble at all. You handed you the bottle and smiled sweetly while looking around you at the food you had been preparing.

"And what might this be?" he asked innocently.

"A surprise, at least that's what it was!" You replied angrily. You poured the wine into the pot that you had been making the sauce in. You poured a little bit extra into another pot to make a reduction. He hugged you from behind and whispered an apology in your ear. You sighed and put away the wine. "It's almost done anyways. Set the table." You worked on the sauce and reduction. "Please," you added. He gave you a quick kiss on the cheek and left for the dining room. You heard the clatter of silverware as you plated the food; It looked and smelled amazing. You chose a dry red wine and a sparkling Moscato and poured a glass of each. You carried the glasses to the table and Polnareff passed you to grab the plates. Once both of you were seated, the man across from you raised his glass in a toast.

"To (Y/N), my muse, my one and only, my dear (F/F)," He paused to smile at you," thank you." Your face warmed up ever so slightly as you completed his toast.

After the meal, Polnareff cleaned the dinnerware as you refilled the glasses and headed to the living room. He came out and sat beside you on the deep sofa.

"Nice of you to join me," you said softly.

"My pleasure," he responded, reaching over you for his glass. He stole a quick kiss as he pulled back and smiled smugly. You leaned on his shoulder and closed your eyes.

"So, how was dinner?"

"Divine."

"Really?" You turned your head to face him and leaned further into his lap. He placed on arm across your waist and used the other to play with your hair.

"Of course, Mon Amour." You cuddled up against him and hummed a light tune. The two of you sat in silence for a while, you almost drifting off to sleep.

"Polnareff."

"Yes?"

"I love you," you said, smiling at his touch.

"Of course you do."

"Hey!" You sat up and looked at him. He chuckled softly.

"I love you too."