Polnareff {Jealousy}

Baguette boy has a crush, but alas, he must love from afar

The day was hot, and the air was heavy, and you were absolutely exhausted. You sighed and lagged behind the group on the way back to the hotel. The last battle had been particularly tough, and you were ready to go to bed.

"(Y/N)?" A voice sounded beside you. You looked over to see Kakyoin's crimson hair noodle bobbing with his steps. Your mood instantly changed for the better, and you felt a little more alive.

"Kakyoin! What brings you to this neck of the woods?" He laughed, bringing his hand up to cover his mouth. He was so precious. You loved Kakyoin like a brother, he was your best friend.

"You just seem a little tired. Let me carry that." He took your backpack and swung it over his shoulder. He smiled over at you, and you smiled back. He was so sweet.

"Yeah, that fight really wiped me out. Maybe I shouldn't push my stand so hard."

"Probably. Remember, all of us are here too, let us carry the burden. I'm sure Jotaro would be happy to fight anyways." You giggled and took his hand in yours, swinging it like you would do with your parents when you were little.

Pol's POV:

"-Jotaro would be happy to fight anyways," Kakyoin said. (Y/N) laughed, a sweet sound. I would be happy to fight for you, mon amour. He sighed and looked across the street, wishing he could walk beside you and hold your hand. It wasn't fair. Of all the women in the world, the one he wanted most was with Kakyoin. Kakyoin. It wasn't that Polnareff disliked him; he was just jealous, although he would never admit he was.

"Someone jealous?" Avdol nudged his arm. Polnareff nearly jumped out of his skin as his face turned a bright, cherry red.

"Me? Jealous? of Kakyoin? Never!" He stumbled over his words. Avdol's eyes lit up.

"Kakyoin, is it?" He let out a hearty laugh. "I always guessed you'd have a thing for our dear (Y/N)."

"I don't!" He protested. Avdol just laughed again and clapped his hand on his shoulder.

"You can't lie to me, friend, I know how you feel," He flashed a mischievous smile, "I'll arrange something." 

"No you will not!" Polnareff stammered. He huffed and looked away, crossing his arms. He heard (Y/N) laugh again and quietly hoped that someday somehow, he would be able to tell her how he felt.

Polnareff strolled through the lobby, inspecting the worn couches and dusty paintings. The hotel had been nice once upon a time. At least it had air conditioning. 

"Hey guys!" Joseph called for everyone to group up in one corner of the room. He handed out the keys, one to Avdol, one to (Y/N), and one to himself. 

"I'd like to stay with you, Kakyoin, if you don't mind. We haven't spent much time together," Avdol said. (Y/N) glanced between Avdol and Kakyoin while Polnareff smiled softly to himself. 

"Of course! I think that's a good idea. Will you be alright, (Y/N)?"

"Yeah, go for it," she replied. She glanced at Jotaro before she looked over at Polnareff with a smile. "Wanna bunk with me?"

"Sure!" She flipped the key in her hand, inspecting the tag. They waved goodbye to the rest of the group before heading towards the room. 

"We haven't had much time together either," she pondered. 

"Oh, I suppose so. Well, let's make the best of tonight!" She beamed back at him, a spring in her step. It was incredibly cute. A light blush dusted his cheeks as he looked down at her. 

"Let's get the party started then!" 

Your POV:

You turned the key in the lock, hearing it click and pushing the door open. You waltzed in, tossing your bag on the nearest bed. You flopped down on the soft blankets. Polnareff followed you in and claimed the one on the other side of the room. 

"I heard you and Avdol talking today." Polnareff's heart jumped into his throat. 

"Really?"

"Yeah. I think you're right, this wouldn't be a bad place to stay for a while. Remember that pretty garden we passed?"

"Oh, of course!" He laughed nervously and hesitated for a moment, "This is a nice town."

"Kakyoin said he found a nice little shop around the corner he wants to check out tomorrow." Polnareff's mood darkened slightly. "Something on your mind?"

"Actually," he scratched the back if his neck "Never mind."

"Come on, you can talk to me!" He turned away and stared at the wall. "Is this about Kakyoin?"

"N-no! Not really, I just... I see the way you guys act with each other and I think it's really sweet."

"What are you trying to say?" You got up and walked over to Polnareff's bed, sitting beside him. 

"(Y/N), do you really like him?" You laughed, grabbing your stomach as you doubled over. 

"No way! He's like my brother!" He let out a shaky sigh and looked back at you for a moment. His face was flushed, his eyes a little watery. 

"Well that's... that's good. I had something I wanted to say to you."

"It's alright."  You softly wrapped your hand around his and looked up at him expectantly. 

"I really, really like you. I just didn't know if you and Kakyoin were, or, I'm sorry (Y/N)." He let out a defeated sigh and looked down at his lap. 

"It's okay," you cooed. You tenderly squeezed his hand. "I think I like you too." He looked up at you with a broad grin. 

"Really?"

"Totally."

Hey guys, sorry I've been dead. I fell into the Danganronpa rabbit hole and for a hot minute I could only write Chihiro and Kokichi lol

Love my smol boys

~Jade