Wamuu {Strange Happenings}

some more Strange Magic that Everyone Totally wanted 

You hummed quietly along as your music blasted through the kitchen, mixed with the sounds of your pan sizzling and hot oil bubbling. Suddenly, you felt an odd sensation on your arm. It was as if someone was lightly touching you with a bag of ice. You looked down and saw a shadow, it seemed to overlay your arm. It was another arm. The shape was dark yet very muscular, several thick bracelets separating the forearm from a large hand. You could see a couple rings on its out stretched fingers. 

You nearly shrieked and jumped, dropping your spatula as you turn to look behind you. You frantically scanned the kitchen but nothing was there, you were alone. You let out a shaky sigh and returned to your cooking, feeling that strange sensation once more. You looked down and saw the hand softly wrapping around your wrist. You snapped your hand back and glanced over your shoulder once more. 

"Go away!" You cried. You stared at the kitchen a moment longer before hesitantly turning back to finish dinner. You continued cooking without further incident. 

After dinner, you decided to check out the kitchen one last time before retiring to your room. You looked everywhere, completely unsure of what to expect. Of course, you didn't find anything, but you were still a little on edge.  

You felt something looking over your shoulder as you walked back to your room but your tried your best to ignore it. The goosebumps on your arms and tightly coiling terror in your chest thought otherwise. You felt it get closer, nearly touching your back. You sucked in a sharp breath and spun around, again seeing nothing. You grew desperate, running to the bathroom. You left the door open behind you for a moment before softly closing it and turning the lights off. Though you felt extremely uneasy, you needed to know if this was real. You fearing you were loosing your mind. 

After a few moments, you felt a shiver up your spine. You could sense something there, wrapping around you like an embrace from a sculpture made of ice. You closed your eyes and took deep steady breaths, preparing yourself for what you were about to do. You slowly reached over and flicked the light on. You froze, too shaken with horror to even scream. He was gone in a flash but the image was burned so deeply into your mind, recalling it was like looking at a photograph. 

Behind you stood a man. He was tall and very muscular, his broad arms wrapped around you in a loose hug. Cuffed on his arms were thick bands, decorated with fringe. You assumed they were gems that hung from the bracelets. Part of his jaw was hidden behind your head but you could see his face well enough. He was gorgeous, you had to admit. From his sculpted jaw to his heavy brow, every feature of his was strong and beautiful. The thing that shook you the most was his eyes. They almost looked alive. Waves of deep blue stared back at you in the mirror, when you recalled them you almost felt like you were drowning. 

A long time had passed since then. The shadow arm didn't appear anymore, and you never saw him again. Although, you did feel a strong presence from time to time. You could remember back when every little bump or cold spot would make you jump out of your skin. You had learned to cope with it. You almost felt like room mates. He had never done anything to harm you or simply mess with you. If anything he was very kind. You'd find your keys placed neatly on your dresser when you had flung them in the floor the last night or your book closed with a small piece of paper placed in it to save your spot. You weren't entirely sure whether these things were his doing or your own, only you forgot you did it. To be completely honest, you missed him. He had somehow become a part of you.

You stood before the table with a large box in your hands. You softly tapped your foot, staring at the table. You took a deep breath and set the box on the table, hesitantly opening it. You took out the heavy board and placed it on the other side of the table, inside the large half circle of candles. You picked up the little planchette and walked over to the other side of the table, taking a seat in the wooden chair. You stared at the board, strangely unsure. Suddenly, you felt a wave flow right through you. A felt a strong presence on the other side of the table and the hair on the back of your neck stood up.  Placing the planchette on the board, you softly rested your fingers on the small wooden item. The flames of the candles danced in the darkness of the room, the wax reflecting the orange light.