Pillarmen {Curiosity}

A/N: This is a request for @AmethystTiger, I really hope you like it! It's a Neko!reader x Kars/Esidisi/Wamu. Just let me know if I need to fix anything!

We are still open for and accepting more requests! ~Jade

The three godly beings stalked the back-city streets, quietly taking out anyone that saw them. The leader turned down an alleyway and motioned for them to follow. They walked the alley for a few minutes, their footsteps the only thing breaking the silence until a new sound pierced the air. It sounded reminiscent of a yelp. They stopped and listened, discovering more sound under the silence.

It sounded like a low whimper, maybe one of a feline or a small dog. The sound could be traced to the back of a dumpster. The leader motioned for the others to stop and approached it quietly. 

"Master Kars, what is it?" One asked in a dark voice. 

"I'm not exactly sure," he answered. He peered around the dumpster and laid eyes on what appeared to be a young woman. She sat curled up in the small corner, hugging her knees to her chest tightly. Kars stiffened, she smelled human, yet she was not. There was a mix of several other scents tangled in hers. 

He looked closer at the small form. She had a small, thin tail wrapped around her legs and slightly rounded cat ears. They were striped black and white, like her stain-dappled tail. Her head rested on her knees, her thick, black hair covering her face. One of the others swiftly joined him. 

"What is this?" He asked in a deep tone. His voice was different from that of the others. The question echoed in Kars' head, a question he couldn't answer; not yet anyway. It was then the god took a very special interest in the small creature. 

"I'm not sure. Esidisi, can you get Wamuu?" Kars responded. He crouched before it and lightly brushed her hair out of her face and behind her ear. The creature jumped at his touch, trying to stand and run away. Kars stood and gripped both of its arms firmly, causing it to whimper again. The soul-shattering cry of pain split the air and Kars loosened his grip. 

He looked down at her, all she had was a short, black crop top and a short black skirt. Both items of clothing were in tatters and covered in stains. Bruises and small cuts covered her exposed skin. She was far too skinny with an hourglass-shaped figure. He looked up and met tear-filled eyes. She had small, almond-shaped, chocolate brown eyes lined with a dark coal. Her chocolate brown orbs shone with fear and... what was that? A little bit of defiance hid behind her mask of terror. 

Kars smirked. This... thing was intriguing. He knew two things as he glanced back down at her wounds, he wanted to bring her back with them and heal her and, most of all, study her. He took his arms away from hers but kept her in the small corner. He turned to see Wamuu and Esidisi watching curiously. Kars backed away as Wamuu approached her small frame. She winced as he took off his cloak and wrapped it around her shoulders. He gingerly adjusted the cloak around her figure and looked down at her softly. She relaxed as she met his warm gaze, feeling slightly more comfortable in his hold. He pulled away slowly and Esidisi took his place, lightly picking her up in his arms. She squeaked at the sudden movement but melted into his arms. 

The four moved on, the newest member of their party fast asleep in Esidisi's arms.