Pillarmen {Isolation}

Did someone ask for more Pillarmen?

A soft hum hung in the warm air. The stars decorated the dark sky above you as you laid on the altar. Even though you felt at peace here, goosebumps crept across your skin. Although the night was warm, the stone was frigid. You stared up at the stars, wondering if anyone would find you there.

"-I'm sure she went this way." You heard Wamuu's voice. It was soft so he was probably a little ways away. But you could hear him, so he was getting close. 

"She knows there is nothing up here. She's probably still in her chambers." Esidisi responded.

"I already checked." You heard Santana say. You sighed and rolled onto your side, curling up on the cold stone platform. You heard their footsteps grow louder, your heart beating faster as they approached. You just wanted a little alone time so you retreated to the only place where you thought they couldn't find you. You were wrong. 

You watched as Wamuu appeared at the edge of the platform. Esidisi and Santana soon followed. 

"(Y/N)!" Santana kneeled by the altar and took your hands in his. You glared at him. Esidisi sat next to you and placed a warm hand on your leg. You sighed and rolled onto your back, staring up at the open sky.  

"(Y/N), are you alright?" Esidisi asked tenderly. 

"Yeah." He frowned. Wamuu sat opposite Esidisi and placed his hand on top of yours. You sighed again, to tired to bat his hand away.

"You know you can't lie to me," he chided. He leaned down and kissed you on the cheek, his warmth was nice. 

You sat up and pulled your knees to your chest. "I just wanted to be alone for a while. It's too dark down there, and being up here makes me feel better. I don't know, it's just suffocating in there. And so dark." You shivered. Wamuu wrapped his arms around you and pulled you into his chest. Santana looked up at you sympathetically. 

"Plus it's kind of exhausting, being pulled around all the time. I thought I could come up here and be alone for a while." Santana joined the others on the altar and played with your hair. 

"Would you like us to leave?" He offered. Esidisi glanced at Santana then back at you. 

"I think that would be best," Esidisi stated. He stood and began the trek back down the steps. Santana and Wamuu shared a quiet word. Wamuu let you out of his embrace. 

"(Y/N), we can-"

"No! Stay, please," You whispered. "Or go." Santana placed his hand on your jaw and lightly brushed your cheek. He gave you a quick kiss on the forehead and pulled away. You wanted him to come back but you also wanted to be alone. Wamuu squeezed your shoulders one last time and followed Santana. 

You were alone again, sitting on the cold stone with nothing but the sounds of the rain forest to comfort you. The stars watched as you curled up once more on the altar. You thought you wanted to be alone. Maybe you were wrong. It was hard to tell what you really wanted and what you needed. At least you were up here in the clean air instead of the stifling air deep within the temple. 

A while later you heard more steps. Part of you hoped that  Wamuu had come back but you knew he wouldn't. You watched with half lidded eyes as Kars stood before you, his hands on his hips. He looked down at you with a curious expression. He sighed and sat down next to you, pushing your legs aside to make room. 

"It is my understanding that you dislike the temple, is this true?"

"Well-"

"I assumed as much. I don't care for this place either." That surprised you. "The others say that you feel like you're being pulled every which way and that's why you wish to be alone," He paused, "I know what that feels like." You sat up and took his hand, lightly tracing his palm. "(Y/N), look at me."

You met his gaze, his purple eyes glimmered with the light of the stars. 

"That's still no reason to isolate yourself. You can come to me, or any of us. You can trust us." You nodded and put down his hand. "Are you ready to come back down?"

"Not yet. Please don't leave." He lightly kissed your brow.

"You know I would never leave you," he reassured you. He smiled, "scoot."

You made room for Kars on the stone platform and he sat cross legged beside you. He pulled you into his lap and wrapped his arms around you. It was definitely much warmer than laying on the frigid rock.

"I don't think I want to be alone."

"No one really does. I learned that the hard way," he paused and wrapped a lock of you hair around his finger, "I'll always be here for you (Y/N). I'll find us a better place. Somewhere less claustrophobic, maybe a nice house." You couldn't help but laugh a little.

"Us, living in a house?"

"I've encountered stranger things," he mused. "I'd tolerate a house for you. We mustn't stay up here too long, you'll catch a cold." You smiled and leaned into his chest. You didn't know he could be so soft.

"Just a little longer?" He laughed.

"Don't push it."

~Jade