Esidisi {Blankets}

Pretty angsty, in the beginning at least. 

   You huddled in the corner of a dark room covered in blankets. Though you were very warm, you still shivered uncontrollably as broken sobs wracked your body. You wiped your eyes and tried to steady your breathing. You had been in that corner for a good ten minutes but you doubted that anyone had noticed your disappearance. Your last thought was punctuated with another sob. Your eyes burned and your breathing went awry again. Usually you would have a good cry every few weeks whenever your anxiety got bad but it was never like this. As you further despaired you heard heavy footsteps in the corridor outside of the room. You held your breath and shuddered as the footsteps grew closer.

You looked up from your pile of blankets to see a large figure in the doorway. You watched in increasing fear as he walked towards you. As he got closer you began to recognize him in the dull light. Esidisi looked down on your pitiful huddle of blankets. You couldn't quite make out his expression through your tears. He crouched beside you. You flinched as he reached towards your face. He touched your cheek softly and wiped your tears away. He pulled his hand back and considered you for a moment. You watched in silence as he peeled your blankets away. You were too tired to struggle and turned away whenever he would try to catch your eye. When he had finally managed to get you out of your burrow, he looked at you softly and picked you up. He had done it so quickly you didn't realize it until you were in his arms. He was so warm. He looked at you with concern and you started sobbing again.

"(Y/N)," he said shortly. It sounded more like a question than a statement. His eyes showed increasing worry as he looked down at you. You steadied your breathing and closed your eyes. Tears hung to your eyelashes and you felt Esidisi start walking. He walked for a while, gradually heating up. Finally, he stopped and set you down on something soft. You shivered at the loss of heat. Esidisi sat cross-legged behind you and pulled you into his lap. Your small frame fit perfectly inside of his and you nuzzled into his warmth. Esidisi pulled over a thick blanket and laid it over you. Soon enough the tears ceased and your anxiety melted away. Esidisi looked down at you and brushed a couple stray hairs out of your face, gingerly tucking them behind your ear. He gave you a soft look and closed his eyes. You eventually fell asleep in his arms, savoring the warmth he provided.