Buccellati {Cold}

You sat on the edge of your seat, glaring at Giorno as he retold the mission plan. It was absolutely ridiculous. No one in the squad was in the shape to be going on such a wild crusade, especially not your capo.

You had been in the squad long before Giorno, even before Narancia. You were kind of like their medic as you and Fugo were the only ones with any sort of medical expertise in the gang. You had taken it upon yourself to function as their doctor after realizing that your stand was utterly useless. Your boys had always shown gratitude for your help, especially after the battle with Diavolo. The only one you couldn't save was Abbacchio, and it still tore you apart.

It had only been a few weeks since the fight and you deemed the entire squad unfit to go on such a mission.

"(Y/N), I don't think you understand why we need to do this," Giorno fought back.

"You're right. I don't understand why you want to risk everyone's lives right after the fiasco with Diavolo. Especially when some members of our squad are still healing!" You gestured to Narancia, trying your hardest not to reach across the table and slap your boss.

"She's right, Giorno." Buccellati's voice sounded from the other side of the table. His firm tone signaled that the conversation was over. Giorno grimaced and opened his mouth to protest but kept quiet when Mista placed a hand atop his. Trish looked away from the table and Narancia put his head down.

"Alright," the capo stood suddenly and all eyes were drawn to him, "It's decided. A break would be good for us anyways." He gave you an awkward smile as the rest of the table was silent. 

"If anyone needs me, I'll be in my office," you stated quietly before escaping the smothering silence. 

You turned the key to your makeshift office and sighed. You had never been so worried for your team. All of the trouble started when Giorno arrived, but you didn't hold it against him. He had helped you patch up the team quite a few times. If only you could have patched up Abbacchio. You hit the door so hard that your knuckles would likely bruise. 

"(Y/N), are you alright?" You turned and Bruno took your hand, holding it softly in his own. He was so unnaturally cold. You quickly pulled your hand back.  

"Yeah just... frustrated." He frowned. 

"There was nothing you could do."

"Yes, there was! I could have saved him, Buccellati!"

"Some wounds can't be healed. You have to let go." His expression was distant. You were disturbed. He felt like a corpse and now this? Was he trying to tell you something?

"I really think I should check you out. Just to be safe."

"Why? I'm fine. Giorno healed me."

"I think he may have missed something," you stated with determination. 

"Well, I suppose I can't stop you," he joked, though something about his tone seemed off. 

You led him through the door to your office and had him sit on your desk. You didn't have a real table for examinations but you made do. You arranged your tools and proceded with a normal checkup. However, you didn't check his heartbeat. You didn't understand how, but a part of you feared he did not have one. He seemed to be fine, except that he was cold as death and sometimes didn't seem to breathe. You grabbed your stethoscope and raised your hand and placed it against his chest. You didn't realize you were holding your breath until Buccellati placed his hand on your arm. 

"It's alright. You needed to know anyway." Tears stung your eyes. 

"B-buccellati-"

"It happened at San Giorgio Maggiore. Giorno may have healed me, but he was too late."

"That's why you're so cold." You whispered. "You're dead.

"(Y/N)-"

"No, you're dead. Buccellati, you're dead!" you cried. You threw down your stethoscope and backed away. Suddenly the door opened. Fugo stepped through the frame and you felt like you had seen a ghost. What was he doing here? He abandoned the squad, so why was he in your office?

"(Y/N), are you alright? I heard you yelling, what's wrong?" 

"He-he's dead, Buccellati, Fugo he's dead he-" You turned back to face the desk but no one was there. "Fugo, he's gone." Your voice was barely a whisper. 

Fugo looked at you with concern and pulled you into a tight hug. 

"I know."

"But he was just here. A-at the meeting..." you trailed off. 

"At the meeting?"

"He defended me, he told Giorno that I was right." Fugo let go of you and placed the back of his palm on your forehead. 

"That was me, (Y/N). Are you sure you're alright?"

"No it was him, he told me just now that Giorno brought him back. Aat San Giorgio Maggiore, when you left us." He took your hand in his, it was warm. 

"No. Buccellati died there, in the church. We couldn't help him in time." You stared up at him, speechless. 

"B-but he said Giorno fixed him," you whimpered.

"Some wounds can't be healed. You have to let go."

A/N: I almost *Almost* cried writing this

~Jade