Santana {Paint water}

A/N: Who doesn't love some smol, ooc Santana? 

You sat alone on the large sofa that you had stolen with the other Pillarmen. You had just finished a painting and stood back to make sure it was alright. Now you were just sitting and watching the paint dry. Soon enough, you heard chatter and footsteps from nearby. Could they be back already? You moved to get up and hide the art but they had already arrived in the large room. You were surprised to see that only Santana had joined you. The others must have gone somewhere else.

"Ah, Santana, it's just you," you laughed nervously and stood in front of the drying canvas. You felt slightly relieved that it was just him.

"Hello, (Y/N)," he greeted you simply. He looked at you curiously and narrowed his eyes. "What's that?"

"Nothing really, nothing you should concern yourself with." You quickly picked it up and flipped it around, so that Santana could not see what you had painted. You smiled sheepishly at him and he walked towards you. He inspected the room when he found the small bag you had used for your brushes and paints. There were a few stray brushes on the floor around it. Dammit, I thought I cleaned those up. He looked over at the small cup you used to clean your brushes, averting his eyes from your direction. You used the small opportunity to place the painting against the wall behind a curtain before quickly picking up your supplies. When Santana turned back to face you, you had the bag and various items that had fallen out of it in your arms.

"What is this?" He asked, holding up the cup. "Why do you have those?" You set the bag and things down in a corner of the room.

"No real reason... I, uh... found them." You said nervously. "Oh, that's-" You couldn't just call it paint water; he would ask about the paint. "Water."

"(Y/N), why do you keep hiding things?" He set the cup down on the floor and walked over to your painting, pulling it out from behind the curtain.

"Ah, Santana, please don't!" You squeaked when he turned it around, revealing your art. It was a detailed oil painting of a lake at twilight. Short mountains rose around the deep waters and a figure stood on the shore. A red moon hung in the sky and cast an orange glow on the water. You usually worked with acrylics, but you had found the oil paints on a recent trip you had made. You liked how it turned out, but you had never planned on showing it to anyone. Not even your favorite companion. You tried to reach out and take the canvas, but Santana just grabbed your hand and continued to stare at the painting. Tears began to well in your eyes, you could only imagine what he thought of it.

"This is... Be-a-u-t-iful. Beautiful." His voice was soft and sincere. His grip on your hand loosened as he turned to you with a look of curiosity. "How did you make this?" His words gave you confidence as you responded.

"I painted it." You glanced down at the floor before looking at him again. "Santana, do you want to paint with me?"

"Yes!" Santana leaned the painting against the wall and you retrieved your supplies. You sat down on the floor with him and pulled two fresh canvases out from under the couch (classy hiding spot right?). They were small and had cardboard backing instead of a wooden frame. 

"I have oils, acrylics, and watercolor. Which one do you want to use?" You asked him. He furrowed his brow and pouted ever so slightly. You loved that expression so much. He used it whenever he was puzzled and it was too cute! "Ah, well. How about we start with acrylics." You pulled out a couple palettes and brushes. You opened the bag to reveal your well-sized paint collection. 

"I like this one," he said as he pointed to a deep purple. "It reminds me of Master Kars." You couldn't help but giggle a little bit at his statement. 

"I guess it does." You took out the purple and put a little bit on Santana's palette. You spent about 10 minutes choosing colors until the both of you had all the colors you wanted. 

"Um (Y/N), what am I supposed to paint?"

"Oh. Just, paint your favorite thing."

You stared blankly at the canvas, trying to find some inspiration while Santana had already started. You watched his strokes, trying to figure out what he was painting. It didn't look like anything you had ever seen. You set your brush down and watched him paint, putting stroke after perfect stroke on the canvas. Soon a form started to take shape.

"Santana, what are you painting?" you asked quietly. He put down a few more layers and stepped away. It was complete, the most beautiful portrait you had ever seen. It was a portrait of you. He blushed lightly, something you had never seen before.

"You said to paint my favorite thing. I made my favorite human." He answered innocently. You felt your eyes tear up and you crouched before your canvas, hiding your face in embarrassment. "(Y/N)!" He leaned down and picked you up like a pillow. You must've been weightless to him.

"Am I really... your favorite?"

"Always."

A/N: hahaha I don't like the ending but I wrote this on a school field trip. Enjoy!