~10~

*edited*

Wolfgang Mortimer:

"Why do you care? What happens to me and who does it to me is none of your concern." her words hit me like a bus.

It's true, why would I care?

"Now if this is the only reason that you brought me here, I don't see the need to stay any longer. I am already late as It is, I apologised for the tardiness so if you will excuse me I have to get ready for tonight's shift." she snapped making me even more shocked at her words.

She turned around since I didn't say anything to stop her. I stood there stunned for a few moments. After getting back in action I sat at my desk and decided to run over the last details before tonight. Freyah would not sing tonight since I had ordered a guest start DJ to do the music, she would be at the bar but I would much prefer her to sing, her voice is amazing.

Since that night in the club, I cannot get her out of my head. I hear her Irish accent everywhere I go, I see her eyes, fire coloured hair. I see her. And It's starting to get unhealthy.

A knock interrupted me from my thoughts. I ordered the person to come in, and sure enough, it was Ryder with a bunch of files in his hands.

"Boss, we might have a situation on our hands." he started.

I motioned for him to sit down as I stood up and made my way to the bar inside my office to pour us a glass of whiskey each.

"Thanks," he said as I handed him a glass and sat where I originally was.

"Tell me what is it?" Ryder took a deep breath opening the file and handing me some documents.

"It's Jack. Him and his men as well as that shit face of a son of his have been spotted dangerously close to our territory and have been trying to mess with the shipments and our clients' orders. They haven't tried the gun trade yet, only sticking to what they know."

"So the drugs," I stated, to which he nodded.

"Rumour on the street is that they sent a snitch to spy on us and report back whenever it has information on us. They want to take you down, Wolf." Light concern was lacing his voice at that last sentence.

"I would like to see them try," I smirked taking a sip of my drink, placing the documents down on my desk.

"Do we have any info in the snitch they sent?"

I asked leaning back in my seat taking a look out the office window that gave me a view of the club down below on one side and the bar on the other. My eyes staying cast on that familiar head of red hair working at the bar. I still couldn't rub the feeling that those marks on her wrist did not just appear by magic, someone did them to her and I hope for that person that I don't get my hands on him to make him pay for what he did to her.

"My men on the street say that it's the boss' son's girlfriend herself that they put in charge of this mission, and you will never guess who that is."

Seeing as I was not responding he decided to continue.

"It's Freyah Kent."

I almost choked on air when he told me that. I glanced at him and then back at the girl that was working for me behind that bar serving my clients tonight.

"There must be some kind of mistake," I said almost with laughter.

It can't be her, surely.

Right?

Right?!

I heard Ryder sigh and plop the folder he was holding on my desk.

"See for yourself."