~57~

Freyah Kent:

I heard shuffling around me, the sound of chains rattling and someone groaning in pain while breathing very heavily.

I groaned as well, slowly opening my eyes. I let them just to the dimply lit room. Surprisingly enough my hands weren't tied which I found really odd.

I sat up slowly, my head banging furiously against my skull.

"Saoirse?"

I knotted my eyebrows together.

That voice.

I got up to my feet, trying to see where I was going.

"Pumpkin? Is that you?" His voice rasped out.

"Tadgh?"

My eyes caught sight of him, on his knees, his arms spread being held my chains. His chest bare, ripped jeans, his exposed body bloody and filled with cuts and burns.

I almost threw up at the sight of him but I pushed that aside and ran to him, kneeling in front of him and holding his head up so that he could meet my eyes.

"What did he do to you?" My voice quivering.

"Nothing darling. I'll be alright. My question for you is how are you doing? Are you hurt?" His eyes full of worry.

I can't believe him. He looks like he is about to collapse any moment and he is asking me how I am?

"I'm ok, just a slight headache. But look at you? You need some medical attention Tadgh!" My voice taking a pitch higher.

He gave me a crooked smile and shook his head.

"You are exactly like your mother, way to caring and loving for this dark world."

I was so close to tears it was unbelievable.

Our moment was cut short when the door, that I didn't even think to look for, opened revealing my granddad and a few men following behind him.

"Such a sweet moment. This is why you could never take over for me, you were too soft, love got you blinded, my boy." He sighed, shaking his head.

"Fuck off dad. You know nothing. You know full well I was the one that was supposed dot take over but you let that no good of a brother of mine take over because he had a fucked up mind like yours." Tadgh spat, a new found energy coursing through him.

I just sat back on my knees, watching all this unfold in front of me. My head was spinning as they continued to shout back and forth at each other until something caught my attention.

"I was the one that was supposed to end up with Aoife. You know it. Those were my kids and you let him have them." Tadgh's voice cracked at the end.

My head snapped to his.

"What?"

My eyes met his sad and guilty ones. I don't think he meant what he had just said. I looked up to my grandfather, a smirk gracing his lips. He was proud of what he has done.

"You were supposed to marry mum? Who are those kids you are talking about? What the hell is going on?"

My anger started rising, I don't know why I was angry, I just was.

"Pumpkin, you need to listen–" he started but never finished.

"Oh my little lass, I thought you were the smart one." My grandfather shook his head.

" I would have thought you would have guessed it by now. I mean my sons may have been twins but they were nothing alike." He chuckled.

"Let me tell you a little story, Lass." My granddad smile mischievously, pacing the room making my heart beat a million miles a minute.