~33~

Freyah's dress above

Freyah Kent:

It has been a week or so that we have been back from Miami and things have been a little weird lately. Ollie and I don't really talk much. We are back to how things were at the beginning or the arrangement.

He leaves to work, I stay at home and do nothing, he comes back, we order food and sleep in separate rooms. We don't kiss, cuddle or even have sex anymore!

He barely even looks at me and when our eyes meet he quickly looks away. When we talk he mumbles replies and ignores me.

It's starting to get on my nerves. I can't believe we have gone from acting as a real couple, having fun, constantly touching each other in any shape or form, been there for each other to being complete strangers living in the same house and acting as a couple when people have their gazes on us.

The only people who know of the arrangement are Ryder and Tony. Oliver won't even let Tony in the apartment, like seriously I have to stay by myself with my cat and wallow in self-pity.

I feel really stupid about this whole thing too, I feel as if he used me when he needed me and now that we are back in New York he doesn't need me anymore. I almost want to call it quits...

As I was on the sofa with Smokey fast asleep on my lap, sipping tea and reading a magazine when the front door burst open letting in Wolf followed by Ryder.

I turned around looking at both boys, readjusting my glasses so that they didn't slip off so much. They made their way to the kitchen completely ignoring me as they continued in their conversation.

I picked Smokey up and put him to the side. I closed the magazine and walked to the kitchen. Once I arrived I cleared my throat crossing my arms over my chest.

"Hello, boys."

They turned to look at me. Ryder gave me a smile and stood up to greet me with a hug. He and I have talked a lot since he is like Wolf's shadow and best friend. Thanks to him I got to know a lot more about the Mortimer family and especially on Ollie.

Oliver on the other hand just gave me a quick glance before focusing his gaze on something else not even bothering to say hello to me or kiss me like he usually would.

I felt a little hurt by his behaviour as I don't know what I have done wrong to make him act this way towards me. I don; even know why I'm feeling hurt, I shouldn't really since we are a fake couple, to begin with, but I started to get attached...

I was about to step back out of the kitchen and go back to being invisible when his voice called me back. A glimmer of hope settled in me so I turned around to face him. The hope left as soon as it came as he didn't even look at me when he spoke.

"Get ready. We have to attend another gala that is very important for both the Exodus and the gang. Dress fancy. Be ready by seven pm sharp."

I nodded my head even if he didn't look up and left to get ready since it was already five. I slammed the door to my room acting like an emotional teenager that wants attention. As I looked through my closet for the perfect dress for tonight I started to concoct a plan. If he is going to act the way he is I will do the same but ten times worse.

I took a quick shower and slipped on the dress that I selected for tonight. It was a, well I cannot even describe the colour it was but what I can say was that I looked really good in it. My red hair popped out against the dress. I curled my hair loosely and twirled to pieces on each side of my face and pinned them in the back of my head.

My make up was kept light, all I did was accentuate my eye a little more. I slipped my shoes on for the night and I was ready to dance the night away.