~62~

Wolfgang Mortimer:

"We have a 24 year old, 22 weeks pregnant, gun wound to the stomach. The patient is falling in and out of consciousness, heartbeat frail, baby's non-existent. We need to run an ultrasound to confirm this." the paramedic gave the information before passing her on to the nurses and doctors in the hospital.

When he said that there was no baby heartbeat it nearly killed me but as he said in the ambulance they didn't have the right equipment to make that diagnosis.

"We need to get her to the operation room stat. Get me a sonogram, and call doctor Salvatore in and the new girl. We are going to need all hands on deck." the doctor that was there shouted to the other nurses running around him.

"Where are you taking her? Where are you taking my wife? Will my baby be alright?" I bombarded them with questions, running after the gurney trying to keep Frey's hand in mine.

An oxygen mask was placed on her nose and mouth while a nurse was sticking needles in her arms and attaching machines to her as they rolled her to the operating room.

"Sir, we need you to stay here. You cannot follow us into the operating room, you have to let her go." the doctor put his hand on my chest to stop me.

I held his wrist and bent it backwards making him bend down to me.

"You are lucky you are a doctor and you are going to save the life of my child and my wife if not you would have kissed this hand goodbye. Don't ever touch me again." I growled at him, sheer fear dancing in his eyes.

"Y-Yes Mr Mortimer." the doctor stuttered out.

I let go of his wrist, my left hand still holding firmly onto Frey's.

"We have to get her moving! We are losing her!" a nurse snapped at the both of us making me rush to my girl's side brushing the hairs out of her face.

"Save her." she chanted as our eyes met before she was rolled out past the doors to the operating room.

The blue doors closed in my face. she was gone.

"Fuck!" I yelled and slammed my fists into the wall beside me making the people in the room jump.

I kept punching the wall letting my anger out.

How could I let this happen? How did that bastard get past the security of the house?

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" I kept hitting the wall until I felt a pair of strong hands drag me away from the wall.

I turned around ready to hit however pulled me away from the wall when I was met with my father's blue eyes. His grip was strong on my shoulders and his glare intense.

He sighed and pulled me into an embrace holding me to his chest like when I was a child.

I lost it. All my worries, my fears came crashing down. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I cried in my father's arms. no words were exchanged, there was no need, he knew. Sobs racked my shaking body to which he held me tighter.

"It's going to be ok son. It's going to be ok," he spoke again.

-------------

It has been an hour. I stopped crying, I stopped punching the walls, more than half of the people in the waiting room have left after I opened fire against the same fucking doctor that showed up again like the prick he is.

"Wolf baby, sit down. You need to stop pacing this room." my mum snapped me out of my thoughts.

I chose to ignore her and increased my pacing.