~17~

Henry Cavendish:

I saw her walk away, more like run away from me and I felt no remorse what so ever. She was getting clingy and even is she was good in bed I never understood why we kept her so long around. In this business, the only way out is through death and I have been itching to pull the trigger on her but I knew she was good at her job.

She never gets caught and always gets things done in time and with a certain finesse a lot of the girls here lac. I will still remember the time where I found her at that strip club shaking her ass off and seeing her work that pole in that white lace underwear set still does things to me.

Straight away I knew that she had no apparent family with her, no girl with a family will work in a shady strip club in New York like she did. She was young, around 18 perhaps. Her fire hair was all over the place and at first, I must admit I wanted her to be mine, and she did become mine.

It took a while for her to actually start working. She kept having nightmares, she was pretty but not sexy enough to be bait. She was scared and broken and I was there to fix the pieces. I did love her, for a while but after a few months of her being in the gang dad started to get a certain interest in her and that put me off. I was never one to stay with one woman for this long, the temptation was too big.

After a year together, I thought that I would marry her, I really did. Once I told my father that he started to get a little too excited and something just felt off. There was something he was hiding me. My relationship with Freyah just went downhill from there. We started fitting, I started cheating, I didn't sleep over the night because I couldn't stand her nightmares always waking me up. And the more it went on the more I couldn't deal with her anymore. I tried to break it off and send her into another division but father was hell-bent on keeping me with her but never telling me why.

That day she caught me, I continued what I was doing with Lucie not caring what happened to Freyah and I was so relieved we were over. In the middle of the night, my car alarm sounded. Groggily I came closer to the window in my room seeing a gleam of red/orange shine from the outside and that's when I saw my car in flames.

I rushed outside cutting the alarm off with the keys, barking orders at Lucie to put the fire out. I glanced at the windshield, most of it was melted off or broken but her name in red lipstick was still clear as day to me.

The next day I marched to my father's office not even bothering to knock.

"Hello to you too my boy." He answered sarcastically his eyes never leaving the papers he had in front of him.

I was breathing heavily the anger from the night still radiating off of me. I started telling him what had happened between the bitch and I. To say he was mad was an understatement.

"Henry! You had one job, stay with her. You have no idea what you have done!" He growled at me making me flinch but I recovered quickly.

"Well if you would have told me why she was so fucking important than I would have made a little more of an effort. Besides what does being with her bring me?"

Father sighed running a hand ruffly over his face, leaning back in his chair.

"She holds a lot of power, more than the Mortimers but she doesn't know it or at least she's hiding it very well." He started.

"I'm confused." I was trying to make sense of his words not succeeding.

" I think she may be the Daughter of Greg O'Connell."

"O'Connell, as in.." I dragged and he nodded.

My eyes widened with this new piece of information.

"But he's dead. I don't see why she is so important, she isn't the heir, her brother is. " I pointed out the obvious.

"And even if she was his daughter or any family member for that matter she doesn't share the same name as him and he didn't have a daughter names Freyah, it was some hard name to pronounce," I stated still not getting why she was so special to us.

"Henry, my boy, you still don't get it." My father shook his head at me.

"She had the birthmark. She is an O'Connell. I'm pretty sure of it. We could have had so much power once she was recognised by her grandfather. I was so close to getting in contact with him but of course, you had to blow things up. Maybe if you tried thinking with your brain and not with your fucking dick we wouldn't be in this situation."

He slammed his fist on the table standing up and pacing the room.

"Not only have you messed those plans up but you have also compromised the mission she was in to snitch on Wolfgang. This is why you haven't taken over me yet. You are so incompetent just like your mother was, good for nothing." He spat at my face making my fists clench.

"Fix this. Do whatever it takes, beg her on your knees to take you back, buy her flowers, kidnap her for all I care but she needs to be under our control. If she ever decides to go against us we are dead meat."

I was grinding my teeth together, clenching my fists until my knuckles turned white. She could be the fucking queen of England and I still wouldn't; t give a fuck about her but if I want to one day be head of the gang I need to make my father proud and to do that I need to do all that he asks of me.

But no way in hell am I going to beg, if the simple way doesn't work, the hard way will defiantly be the winner, I'm backing down before nothing.

I left my fathers office with one objective in mind.

"Baby, where are you going? We didn't get to finish what we were doing." Lucie purred in my ear running her dainty fingers down my chest.

I caught her hand before it could go any lower, throwing it off me.

"Not now." I gritted out shoving her off me.

I took one of the black SUV's and drove my way down the club where I knew she would be. Luckily the talk with my father took a lot longer than I had planned and we were right at the perfect time to pick her up.

I will make things right, get ready for me my dear girl. 

____________

oohhhhhh... 

So Henry's POV won.  Any thoughts?

Why do you think Freyah is so important?

What does it have to do with her family?

What do you think Henry will do to get her back?

let me know what you thought of this chapter and what other POV's you would like to see.

stay tuned because some shit is about to go down at the Exodus...

xoxoxo