~23~

Freyah Kent:

We came back to the apartment late that day. I was super exhausted and bringing back up things from the past such as my brother and why I had to leave Ireland were not really elements that I needed to have dug up at this moment in my life.

I headed straight to my room once we stepped foot in the place. I kicked my heels off not caring where they land in the living room, ignoring Wolf and flopping on my bed enjoying the coolness of the sheets on my skin.

I heaved a sigh and before I knew it was was in a deep sleep. I woke up about an hour later, got changed into a t-shirt and one of the many jogger shorts, both that I stole from Wolf, cleaning my face and letting my hair out, heading out and grabbing a little something to eat before going back to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come out where ever you are little Lass. I know you are here."

His voice resonated in the dense forest, my heart beating a mile a minute in my chest.

Stay focused, you need to get out of here and reach the town, go to Franky's and he will help you out of here. I kept reminding myself.

I looked to my left seeing the glimmer of the flashlights they were using.

"You cannot hide forever little lass. I will find you even if it takes me a lifetime to." His sickly sweet voice was like a broken record that kept repeating in my mind.

To say I scared was to put it lightly, I was terrified. I didn't even have my other half with me, my twin brother. I was escaping by myself. If he did it without even saying goodbye than I sure can do it without being caught by him again.

I knew that he wasn't alone chasing me, he was never alone. He had eyes everywhere no matter how much you tried to hide.

Seeing the lights going a certain way, I knew that this was my chance to run and never look back. Thunder was sending it's warning call in the night sky. The moon, my only source of light slowly getting covered by the dark grey rain clouds threatening to spill their contents at any moment.

I started running, never stopping for anything, hoping and praying that I was going in the right direction.

Until I was talked to the ground by one of his men, holding me firmly to the ground.

"Looks like I caught the bird that tried to fly away."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Freyah, Freyah. Wake up baby girl."

I heard a voice calling for me. I kept tossing and turning trying to get away from the man that had me pinned, repeating on a continuous loop for him to let me go, that he needed to stop.

I felt my body be shaken as the same soothing voice called for me.

I woke up in a rush, memories from my past still fresh as if it had just been yesterday. i was panting and sweating, trying desperately to catch my breath as strong arms circled around my waist lifting me up onto someone's lap.

"Shhh, it's ok, you are awake now. It was just a nightmare. It's over now, I got you." He whispered gently in my ear, holding me protectively to his bare chest.

"Stop crying Fire. It's alright, you are safe here." He continued.

I didn't even realise that I had started crying until I brought my hands up to my cheeks and felt the warm liquid run down my cheeks. I whimpered lightly when he started running his hand in my hair. That leading to my body going limp in his arms as he covered us in my quilt, wrapping me up in the warmth of his arms and the bed.