~22~

Freyah Kent:

The week has gone past faster than you can say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Living with Wolf has been an adventure, to say the least. The first day he came back he put me in the guest room while he took over his own room again. Since I didn't have any other clothing because he still doesn't want me to get my things, so I have been prancing about in my underwear or in his clothes around the apartment.

I'm getting really worried for Smokey and I really miss our late night cuddles.

Our routine is, we wake up, we get ready, he goes out, I laze about doing nothing, he comes back, we talk a little, he goes straight to his room after dinner and we go to sleep. We had a sit down during the week where he gave me some pointers for the family get together.

And here we were now, in front of his childhood home. Granted, he now lives in New York so we did have to make the trip over there which took us about an hour to reach. (A/N I think I had previously set the Mortimer series in Chicago, well I changed my mind haha, I don't remember if I mentioned that they were in Chicago or not so... yeah New York!)

Wolf had got me a dress that was actually pretty cute. Not really my go-to style but I must admit it was sweet. It was a simple dress that came just above the knee almost middle thigh, red and white stripes, very faded that looked almost a certain shade of pink with a deep neckline that was cut off in the middle by a knot/ bow in the middle. All held by thin straps.

I must admit it looked really good on me

I must admit it looked really good on me. I was lucky enough that he actually asked me my size if not I don't think the result would have been the same without that very important detail.

We were waiting for the door to open, Wolf had already started his role as a boyfriend as he held my right hand in his rather large one. I started to fiddle about with my cross around my neck. I smiled lightly remembering what happened a few days ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was on the sofa watching telly, looking like proper shit. I had just got my periods, my skin was breaking out, my eyes were tired so I had to wear my glasses. I basically lived in Wolf's hoodies and joggers.

It was quite the awards situation since Wolf had to go out and buy me what I needed for a lady business. He came back to the apartment, scarlet red and not daring to meet my eyes while he handed me what I told him to get.

Anyway, I was distracted by the show I was watching that I didn't see Wolf take a seat next to me on the sofa. I was sipping a cup of tea when he dangled something in my face.

It was a golden chain with a simple cross pendant.

"Oh, my god where did you get this?" I asked setting my cup down and taking it in my hand.

I didn't realise that I didn't have it around my neck anymore. I've had this simple piece of jewellery for what feels like my whole life. I almost cried when he told me what he did.