~50~

Wolfgang Mortimer:

"Isn't this great?" Ryder cheered as We stepped foot of the plane into the blazing California sun.

"Yeah, fucking marvellous." I rolled my eyes walking the to car that was waiting for us at the bottom of the plane.

"No need to be a Debby downer! Embrace the weather and the atmosphere!" Ryder said as he got into the car.

"I can't believe I let you drag me here when I could be looking for Freyah instead of falling into your shenanigans." he huffed and crossed his arms over his chest mumbling profanities about me under his breath.

We arrived at the family house that we have here in Cali, Ryder dashed to his room and got changed into clothes that were more weather appropriate. I decided to follow in his footsteps and put a t-shirt on as well as some shorts and flip-flops. Ryder was on his phone in the kitchen, a sly smirk on his face.

"Let us be off then!" he exclaimed putting his phone back into his front pocket.

"Let us be off where? I didn't realise we were going somewhere." I started, crashing onto the sofa.

"We" he pointed between the both of us.

"Are going to the beach. " he chirped grabbing his sunglasses and the car keys, walking to the door.

"The beach is the other way Ry. We have our private one. Where the hell do you want to go in the car for?" irritation started to become clear in my voice.

"To go be like normal people who don't own their private stretch of beach and mingle with the real people of this world. duh." he rolled his eyes opening the door.

I groaned before I rolled off the sofa to follow him.

"This better be worth it," he grumbled getting into the car with his, putting my seatbelt on.

"Oh trust me it will." he winked making scared of what he was planning.

------------------

"So isn't this fun?" he piped up, opening his arms and pointing to all the noisy children running around, the fat people sunbathing, glistening in their own sweat, women half naked, some teenagers playing volleyball, the beach really.

"Just swell." I snapped back sarcastically.

"Just have a bit of fun Wolf. take time to relax and smile a little, you are scaring the children." Ryder whispered the last part to me, coming closer to my ear so that I could hear him.

I was about to say something back at him along the lines of 'piss off' but never got round to do it because his phone kept pinging indicating he has new messages.

"Oh well, would you look at that. I'm just gonna go to get me some ice cream. Why don't you find us space just by the parasols over there, somewhere in the shade to hide the fact that you have become the Grinch."

"Fine," I mumbled walking over to where everyone that had an umbrella was sitting since it was a dedicated area for them since you had to rent one.

As I walked my way there, a familiar figure caught my attention. Those same red locks, that body. I just shook it off thinking it was my mind playing me tricks. I hadn't seen my Fire in so long that I had come to that phase where every person vaguely resemblant, I would think it would be here and end up disappointed each time.

Unbeknownst to myself, my feet started walking me in the woman's direction. she must have heard me come and mistake me for someone else as she started talking to me.