~54~

Wolfgang Mortimer:

We had just been discharged from the hospital. Both boys were doing a lot better even if they were still coughing but they had no more fever nor anymore throwing up sessions.

Freyah had slept in my arms the whole night. Granted neither of us were very comfortable since we had fallen asleep on the sofa that was in the room, but we made it work.

When Woodrow called me 'dada' it was the greatest thing that had happened to me after meeting my Fire.

I love all three of them and I regret not being there when they needed me. Now I am here and I sure as hell will not let them go.

Frey went for a much-needed shower as I bathed the boys in the common bathroom of the apartment while she used the on-suite. They had perked up a little, making me laugh with them as they were squealing in laughter at the bubbles I had put int he bath.

 They had perked up a little, making me laugh with them as they were squealing in laughter at the bubbles I had put int he bath

"Time to get out now boys, before mama yells at me." I chuckled at the end.

"No dada. I stay." Wilder spoke up sitting deeper in the tub his brother copying his actions.

"Wilder, you are going to be cold. We need to get you out to see mama and have some dinner. Do you want dinner?" I asked knowing that if he was truly my son he could not turn down food.

"Yah." He pouted and put his arms out for me to lift him out.

"That's what I thought."

I took him out and wrapped him up in a towel than going back to get Woodrow. They were little terrors to dry and dress. Running around the bathroom naked, chasing each other making this twice as difficult for me.

"That's enough. Dada need to get you dressed." I scowled them.

They stopped in their tracks, looking at each other before they dashed to the door that was left ajar.

"GET BACK HERE!" I yelled after them, running out of the bathroom.

All I could hear were their giggles. My heart content with the sound of my sons laughing.

My sons.

Mine.

I found them in the living room, still butt naked. I chased them around the sofa, Smokey sleeping on it looking at us as if he were going to kill us. And by us I mean me, the cat still hates me.

I heard the pitter patter of feet that belonged to the woman I love and sure enough, she stepped into the room, a black silk robe covering her body, a towel still wrapped around her head covering her hair. I had to pause for a minute making Wilder crash into my legs while Woodrow ran to his mother.

"Mama!" He screamed.

She picked him up in her arms hugging him to her chest.

"Hello my baby." She spoke kissing his head.