~29~

the song that Freyah sings to Oliver above.

Freyah Kent:

The whole family and gang members all met up in one of the churches in the town. None of us were dressed in black but rather all in white as that's what Clair asked in her last dying wishes.

I was in a simple white dress with thin straps, a curved neckline and just a basic white skirt. It was very plain and very simple. I paired it with a pair of nude heels keeping my jewellery simple which consisted only of my cross and a thin gold bracelet that Tony got for me a few years back. I let my hair down in its natural state and just applied some mascara.

The boys were all in either a white suit or simple black pants and a white shirt of some sort. During the walk behind the mortuary car, I held onto Wolf's hand. His jaw stayed clenched, his eyes focused ahead of him at all times. We had a quick ceremony in the church before it was time to make our way to the cemetery where her body will be laid to rest forever.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the life of Clair Arabella Mortimer. She was a loving woman, wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. She will be missed by all. Her bright spirit will forever be remembered."

The priest spoke up. There was an eery silence apart from the small sobs of Rose, the Twins and a few tears from Everleigh. I did a silent prayer for Clair and her soul while the mud-dumping started.

Asher was stone-faced and looked very intimidating, I was honestly close to shitting myself just crossing his gaze. Next up was Wolf's turn, he just stood there frozen before the grave staring down at it.

Everyone was staring at him but his eyes just stayed glued to the grave, his blond locks getting swept away by the sea breeze. I took a breath and made my way towards him, all eyes now shifting to me.

"Ollie?" I whispered my hand running from his shoulder down his arm.

"You need to do it. People are watching. I know it's hard. I really do but things need to get going." I spoke gently to him.

I hate funerals, you never get used to them and you Never really get over it.

"Do it with me?" His voice hoarse. I just nodded and walked with him to the shovel.

He went before me then handed me over the shovel to do the same thing. After I did my bit I put my hand out for Oliver to take it. His big hand engulfed mine wrapping it in the warmth that we both needed.

We had made it to a small venue and the tension was still thick. I tried to make the twins feel better since all they did all day was cry there little eyes out and that really tugged at my heartstrings but what broke my heart was Wolf. He wasn't his playful self, no sex jokes, no kisses, hugs or anything. I was missing him and I was getting addicted to him to a point where it's becoming unhealthy.

We stepped into his apartment getting rid on my bag and shoes. Oliver just did a B line for the kitchen. I followed him there and saw he had popped open a bottle of Jack and started chugging it down. I trotted over to him and snatched the bottle out of his hands.

"Wow, easy there with that."

"Give it back. I need this." There was a slight slur in his speech.

Wow, that alcohol hit him hard.

"No Ollie, you don't need it. It's going to make you feel worse." I stated calmly.

"No. I want this and I need this so I'm having it!" He roared at me making me flinch.

He snatched the bottle out of my hands and continued chugging the amber liquid down this throat.

"OLIVER!" I screeched ripping it from his grip making the bottle shatter into a million pieces on the floor.