~64~

Freyah Mortimer:

"I'm sorry for your loss."

"Your chances to conceive are low to non-existent. I'm sorry."

"The bullet grazed your uterus, with the placenta breached and all the complications you have been having since you woke up it has scarred your uterus and we had to close of one of your Fallopian tubes off to stop the infection from spreading and making even more damage."

"I'm sorry."

I hate this. I hate myself.

All these words have been running in my mind since we left the hospital. Since I have woken up I have been in and out of the operating room like it's going out of fashion. I kept bleeding, my stitches jumped, the new ones got infected, I bled out again and so on.

I don't have my baby girl, I feel empty, dead inside.

The car came to a stop. I felt Wolf place his hand on my thigh, I hated the contact. All I wanted was to be left alone and grieve the loss of my child on my own.

I pushed his hand off and got out of the car fast which was a stupid idea because I was still very sore from everything.

I held onto the car door with one hand while I placed the other on my lower stomach and hissed at the pain.

"Fire, be careful. Let me help you to the house." Oliver came to my side and helped me walk to the door with me leaning most of my weight on him.

I didn't want his help, I didn't want anyone's help.

He led me to the sofa and sat me on it while he went to get my hospital bag. I heard the paws scratching the floor and in came that bloody dog.

He was wagging his tail and was nudging my hand for a stroke but I told him off and sent him to lie down on his bed. He gave me a sad puppy dog pout but obeyed my commands.

Wolf came back in the house with the bag and the prescription bag with my painkillers and antibiotics in it.

"Where are the boys?" I asked after a moment of silence.

"My mum is keeping them for a few days, just until the funeral."

When he said those last words my breathing stopped. I forgot about the funeral.

"Oh baby, no. Don't cry. Please don't cry." Wolf rushed to me and took me in his arms.

I hadn't even realised that I was crying. That has been happening a lot in the past few days, I have no control over my emotions at the moment. The doctor said this would happen, my body is still producing hormones as if I was still pregnant, the painkillers don't help and the antibiotics make me sleepy.

"I'm ok, I'm ok. Just give me a minute. I'll just be upstairs." I rushed out pushing Oliver away from me.

I got up with a struggle and slowly walked away wiping my tears from my cheeks. I got to the stairs and took the first step wincing at the pain.

"Fire let me help you," he spoke holding my arm to get me up.

"No Wolf I'm fine, I can do it on my own." I snapped back.

"But–"

"Wolf I said no! Leave me alone I can do this on my own." I almost shouted back at him but held back from doing so.

"I'm sorry, I just want to be alone right now." I kissed his cheek and continued my way up the stairs, slowly but surely.

I was making my way to our room when I fell upon the white door with Willow's name written in gold on a pale pink door sign. I made my way to it and slowly opened the door revealing the baby's nursery.