~56~

Wolfgang Mortimer:

I just hung up the phone with Freyah.

That was a really weird conversation.

Honey boo? Really?

I shook it off and walked back into my office where I had left Tony and Ryder so that I could phone my wife without than be nosy bastards.

"How's the wifey?" Ryder asked pouring himself a drink at the bar in my office.

"I don't know, it was a really weird conversation," I spoke my thoughts out loud.

I turned to Tony, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Tony, what is this about changing the colour of the boys' room? I thought we agreed to go with navy blue and not whatever colour you decided we should have." I spoke a little aggravated by this whole paint dilemma.

"Paint? What sort of paint?" He asked, his body tensing in his seat.

"She said something about some paint samples you wanted her to pick up. Something like butter something."

"Butterscotch paint samples?" He asked standing up, his voice a pitch higher.

"Yeah, that." I walked over to my desk, no understanding why he was getting so worked up about it.

He told her to get that colour, I didn't.

"Did she buy the paint?" He was standing in front of my desk running his hands in his hair.

Ryder must have picked up on his behaviour because he was standing by him, a hand rubbing his shoulder trying to calm him down.

"Yeah, she did. Why are you getting all tense and stressed about some pots of paint?" I asked clearly confused by his actions.

"Oh shit, this is bad, really bad." He mumbled on a. loop.

"Babe, what's the matter? Why is this bad? I mean sure butterscotch is a shit colour to have all around a room but I'm sure she can bring the paint back." He tried reassuring him but it only made him snap.

"You don't get it! She did this on purpose!" He yelled.

"I don't think she would get that shitty colour on purpose, I mean she insisted it was your idea," I mumbled back.

"Oh my Lord Wolf it's a good thing you are pretty because you sure are so dumb." Tony sighed.

"Let me break this down. You said the conversation was weird, Freyah doesn't act weird, she is smart in the things she does." He started.

"When she moved in with me, we came up with this code that was easy enough to fit into a conversation without being too weird, thus the paint samples. Each colour we had chosen, we associated with an event or a person and if you 'bought the paint' then you were in deep shit. For her case, it was most likely that if she bought the paint she was found by her grandfather." He finished.

I just stared at him, his words slowly sinking in.

"HE FOUND HER?! HOW?" I yelled, banging my desk so hard I made the wood crack.

"Are you sure she said butterscotch paint samples and that she bought the paint?" Ryder asked, his voice calm not wanting to anger me more.

How could I have been so stupid? I should have know that something was up when she called me Honey Boo.

"Ryder, call my father, get the men rounded up. I'm heading to the apartment." I got my gun, keys and phone before rushing out of the door.

I got into my car and started the engine. I phoned my mum up to see if she was alright and most importantly if my phones were safe.