~39~

Freyah Kent:

"Congratulations." Victoria smile to me giving me a hug that I awkwardly gave back.

I had plastered a fake smile on my face since Ollie proposed. I don't know how to react, to feel. He told me he loved me, I said it back. I don't know how to feel about that, I don't know if I want to feel that.

But the look in his eyes when he told me, that look of pure love is something I can't get out of my head. I couldn't refuse the proposal, I can't say no to his face, his sharp jaw, his beauty spot at the corner of his lip, his messy curly hair, him.

"Show us that ring again." Rose asked with Luke in her arms.

I smiled at the girls lifting my left hand up to show the gorgeous ring now living on my ring finger.

"It's really beautiful. You are very lucky, Kendyn told me the boys helped him choose a ring, something about the bible? I don't know." she laughed and rolled her eyes while I just stood there smiling and nodding.

The girls continued to gush about the ring and about how sweet our moment was and all that jazz but my mind just kept drifting off. I caught the gaze of my now fiancee who was getting the same talks as I was but with his uncles, father and brothers. We kept staring at each other, never breaking eye contact.

I'm glad I'm with him and loved by him but just for how long will it stay like this?

-----------

"Saoirse?" Ollie questioned closing the bedroom door behind him.

"Mmm?" I hummed, I have been ignoring him since the proposal apart from the constant staring contests.

"Would you look at me? Please?" He pleaded taking a step closer to me grabbing my hips from behind.

I huffed and turned in his arms crossing mine over my chest.

"I know this was unexpected of me to ask you to marry me. But those words I spoke were true Frey, every single one of them." He leaded his forehead against mine.

"I love you." He breathed against my lips.

"I don't believe you." I whispered against his lips as well.

I could see the hurt in his eyes, I know I shouldn't have said that but what else could I say? Those three words have been haunting me and every time I said them or felt them, well it never turned out well.

I pushed my way past him, no longer baring to see his hurt face. Tears were brimming my eyes as I threw my coat one and walked out of the house ignoring everyone else. It was a good thing that I had changed into weather appropriate clothes before leaving.

I didn't go very far, only to the back garden closer to the edge of the forest. There was a bench so I made my way to it taking off all the snow before sitting down not really caring that my bum would be cold and wet. I just sat there for a few moments letting a few tears escape my eyes.