~70~

Song of the chapter: the other side by Ruelle

Freyah Kent:

I followed the corridor and kept my ears and eyes peeled for any sign of my grandfather. I heard footsteps coming my way so I turned into a door and laid flat against it. Waiting for them to pass but that's when I heard his voice.

Both Nevis and my grandfather were there talking to each other in a room further down from where I was hiding. They had walked into this room so I took my courage in both hands and walked to the door to see what they were doing.

They kept talking and were putting money in bags as well as guns. I was obviously at the side of the door so that they couldn't see me. I was about to peek my head in the door again when I was pulled back flat against a chest. I was about to yelp and blow my cover when a warm and strong hand was placed over my mouth to prevent it.

"Fire, it's me," Ollie whispered in my ear, my body relaxing in his hold.

He pulled his hand away and turned me towards him so that my back was facing the door where my grandfather and Nevis were.

"What are you doing? Why did you follow me?" I whispered, almost mouthed.

"Why did I follow you? I don't want my wife to die! I love you and we are in this together." he held my shoulders and looked deeply into my eyes.

"I love you. We will get them together," he spoke softly against my lips.

I hadn't even realised how close we had gotten until it was too late.

Everything after that was in slow motion as if I was an outside witness, a soul floating away from my body.

Wolf's eyes widened pulling me behind him in a protective manner, pulling his gun from behind his back where it was placed in his back pants.

He whipped it out and shot Nevis twice, once in the chest and the second aimed straight between his eyes in one slick movement, his body flying backwards and hitting the floor with a thud.

My eyes caught the ones of my grandfather as he was quick to retaliate, four times he pulled that trigger, each more painful than the last but I felt nothing because I was not the one being hit.

Oliver was, he took every blow and used himself as a human shield to keep me safe. I heard the end click of the gun meaning that it was dry and saw my husband slowly fall to the ground.

My scream echoed in the hall and Oliver's gun slipped from his hand and fell somewhere near us. My heart was thumping in my chest, my hands shaking as I fell to my knees and placed my hands over where I thought his wounds were but there was so much blood I had no idea where it all was coming from.

"Stay with me. Hold on Ollie please." I pleaded, seeing his struggle to breathe.

"I promised I'll protect you no matter what." he smiled up at me trying to lighten the mood, a teasing smile playing on his lips.

I smiled through my tears that were streaming down my cheeks when I was interrupted by His voice.

"What a touching moment." he fake pouted.

I slowly rose from the ground picking up the gun on my way up.

My breath heavy as my build up anger was washing through me once more as well as the adrenaline kicking in big time.

"What are you going to do with that Lassie? Shoot me? You don't have the guts." my grandfather smirked but that small glimmer of fear that shot through his eyes was enough to let me know that I was going to win this time.