~65~

Song of the chapter: Hurricane by Fleurie.

Freyah Kent:

I took a deep breath and another.

"You can do this Saoirse. It's just a funeral. You've had some before. You will not cry. You are stronger than this."

I gave myself a pep talk looking at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a long white dress that was loose enough to hide my stomach. I didn't want anyone in black, I wanted it to be like Clair's funeral and have everyone in white.

I wiped away a stray tear and ran a hand through my hair before stepping out of the bathroom.

I came down the stairs and headed to the kitchen where I saw my husband sat staring out the window with a cup of coffee in his hand, lost in thought.

I cleared my throat and made my way to him.

"I wanted to talk about what are we going to do why the twins. I don't really want them to go to the funeral, there are too small and I don't want to scare them."

I confessed.

He sighed and put his mug down before reaching for my hand and brought me over to sit on his lap.

He wrapped his arms around my waist as I leaned into his chest getting comfortable.

"Who will keep them? All the family are going to the funeral this afternoon." he placed a small kiss on the top of my shoulder leaning his head in the crook of my neck.

"Well, I was thinking Rose could keep them today," I mumbled playing with my fingers.

"Why?"

Gosh, I knew he would ask that. I don't want to tell him why because it's selfish of me.

"Because I trust her with the boys." I lied straight through my teeth.

"There's something you are not telling me, Frey. I know when you are lying to me." Wolf warned holding my chin making me look into his eyes.

I felt the tears rise in my eyes as much as I tried to hold them in.

"I don't want to see her. Why does she get to keep her baby when mine is ripped away from me? It's just not fair." I broke down in tears in my husband's arms once more.

"Shhh, Freyah. It's ok to feel that way. I'm jealous too that she is having a daughter when mine was taken away from us in the worst possible way. I know." he held me tighter kissing the top of my head.

"Why does it have to be us? Why can't we be happy? Why does he have to hate me so much? Doesn't he see that he has done enough to hurt me?" I cried out feeling the same pain surge through me.

"I don't know, I wish I could take all this pain away but I can't. I'm sorry Fire, so sorry."

Hearing his voice crack at the end when he was apologizing killed me inside, more than I already was.

----------------

The funeral was probably the worst day of my life.

Rose didn't come, she knew why and she didn't hate me for it. I don't know why she isn't mad, I was acting like a selfish bitch and yet she hugged me and told me she understood then left.

I tried not to cry, I really did. I had enough of being this weak but when I saw Willow's small white coffin being carried by Wolf, Asher, Carter, Alex, Damon and my brother I lost it.

Tadgh was holding me steady so that I didn't collapse on the ground, Tony and Ryder were holding onto each other, Tony trying his best to be strong for me but I could see the tears in his eyes. Everleigh was a real waterfall so that I wasn't the only one crying my eyes out, for which I was grateful for. The rest of the family just stood there in silence, a vacant look in their eyes as the priest went on with the ceremony.