~43~

song of the chapter: the Willow maiden

Freyah Kent:

"Osín?" I questioned, standing up, letting Luke run back to his mam.

"Saoirse." He spoke back as if in shock that it was really me, but I fact I was the shocked one.

Noises of more people arriving were surrounding the room but all I could think about was that my twin brother that more or less abandoned me, leaving me in the worst possible environment to do god knows what.

In the corner of my eye, I could see that the three girls had arrived all chatty and bubbly speaking with Mrs Mortimer, no one paying mind to the sibling meet up. Soon I felt Osín embrace me in his arms, his familiar smell surrounding me like when we were kids.

I stood there, as stiff as wood still trying to process that he is intact here and real. He pulled away, slight hurt in his eyes because I didn't hug him back.

"Fire? Aren't you pleased that I found your brother so he could be here for your wedding? I know how much you missed him. He is a hard man to track down." He laughed as if this was the best gift in the world.

I turned slowly to Wolf narrowing my eyes at him.

"You are the reason he is here?" I gritted out, not quite the reaction he was expecting according to his facial expression.

"Aren't you happy?" He asked again.

"Happy? Wolfgang, I've fucking furious! You just assumed I wanted to see the man that left me in a house full of rapists with a man I totally loathe and you expect me to be fucking happy about it?" I shouted at him shoving his chest.

"And you! Don't you dare think that you can just show up after all these years! You are a pathetic excuse of a brother." I spat, disdain lacing my voice.

Not wanting to listen to either of them I just stormed out the door walking down the gravelled driveway catching the attention of the rest of the family who started following me as both my brother and Wolf ran after me calling me back.

"WHAT?! WHAT IS IT YOU WANT? LEAVE ME ALONE." I shouted back like a teenager.

"Saoirse. Please just listen to me, I tried to come back but it was safer for you to stay with him." Osín pleaded.

"Safe? You really called that safe? For the love of God, Osín it was further away from the truth, I was 'safer' with our dad beat the crap out of us." I air quoted 'safer' waving my hand in the air.

"They raped me constantly, used me as their punching bag, called me a slut, a whore, starved me, embarrassed me. They took all the good I had away from me. And you weren't even there to protect me." I chocked on a sob at the end but tried not to let the tears fall.

"So don't go saying it was safer for me, because even when I managed to escape after the third try you still weren't there. I had to leave, Granddad put out prise for whoever could catch me first, I can't step foot in Europe without a target on my back. I'm actually surprised no one tried to shoot me yet since I've been here." I laughed but with no humour what so ever.

I could see clear tears in the corner of his eyes but for his pride, I knew he wouldn't shed them. Ollie had an indescribable look on his face. Deirdre was in tears holding her belly as she was embraced in Niamh and Siobhan's arms. Asher had a cold stone face as Everleigh had her jaw clenched shooting daggers at both her son and my brother.

I turned back around not longer bothering looking at anyone else when Osín's voice rang out to me in a last attempt to stop me.

"You're going to be an aunty." He yelled after me.

Wolfgang | 3 | {COMPLETED}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें