~28~

Wolfgang Mortimer:

"It's about nanny Clair."

After she said thank I went blank. Freyah had to take over the phone call and hang up. I was just there, my hands holding firmly onto the kitchen counter, arms straight.

"Ollie. Come on. We need to get ready to go."

Frey's voice called out to me softly, her touch comforting. I nodded my head and let her lead me to my room. I took a quick shower, rushing around my room and throwing clothes on. I stepped out and saw that my little Fire had changed into black skinny jeans and was wearing one of my hoodies that she seemed to live in, her ginger hair pulled into a ponytail, her face bare of makeup showing off her freckled cheeks.

She was the definition of an Irish Beauty.

I grabbed the keys to the car before I felt a hand stop me.

"You are not driving." She stubbornly said.

"Yes, I am." I crossed my arms over my chest challenging her.

"No, you are not."

"Yes, I am." I sassed back.

"You are not driving in the state you are in Wolfgang." She put her hand out for the keys.

She doesn't call me Wolf at all anymore, she only calls me Wolfgang when she is mad or something like that. I know I'm in trouble when she uses it.

"Fine, I don't want to spend hours debating on this." I rolled my eyes throwing her the keys.

The drive to my parents' house seemed like it would never end. I could feel her blue eyes on me every now and then making sure I wasn't going to have a nervous breakdown. I just feel like something bad happened to Nanny Clair and the outcome of things to me is death. I can feel it.

We both stepped out of the car, unconsciously taking her hand in mine, pulling her closer to me while we make our way to the front door.

I didn't bother to knock u just walked in making my way to the living room where I knew that they all would be at. Sure enough, they were all there, Ben Vic and little Anastasia, Paul, Ray Annie and Ryder, Rose and the Boys, Alex, the twins, Carter, Damon and mum and dad.

You could feel the hurt and tension in the room. Rose was in tears in Ken's arms cradling a sleepy Luke in her arms. Annie was teary-eyed but refused to let them slip. The twins were sobbing, Amelia was held by Paul as Annora was by Carter. My eyes darted to dad's red ones then to mum who had stood up and made her way to me.

"You might need to sit down my love." She spoke softly to me.

We sat down on the free sofa, Frey just behind me, her hand rubbing circles on my back.

"What is it mum, because it sure doesn't look good." I tried to keep my voice from cracking.

"Baby boy, your Nanny, she..." She stopped to take a breath.

"She passed away early this morning."

It felt like a cold bucket of water had been poured over me. I ripped my hands from hers and stood up abruptly.

"No. You're lying. I spoke to her two weeks ago, she was fine!" I roared, denial surging through me.

"Sweetie. She was very ill. She didn't tell any-" she started but I cut her off.

"She could have told me! We phoned each other every week! I always asked her how she was, always went to Miami when I was free to make sure she was ok. Why didn't she say anything?" Hurt lacing my voice.