~58~

Wolfgang Mortimer:

We had arrived at the hospital in record time. It was hectic with all of us there, between the severely injured, the ones with the cuts, the girls, my wife and Tadgh, I didn't know what to do.

My Fire was still in my arms, unconscious. I was looking around, nurses and other doctors tending to everyone but no one was coming to me.

"Will someone help me! WILL SOMEONE IN THIS FREAKING HOSPITAL HELP ME!" I yelled, my voice booming over all the noise.

I saw a few nurses cower back at the sound. Damon rushed over to me seeing my panicked state.

"Hey, hey. Calm down. The doctor is coming, she's just coming out of surgery on one of the guys. She's coming." He held my shoulders making me look at him.

"But, Fire, she-she needs help now." My voice wavering.

"She will get help but right now the doctor is busy saving Tadgh. She will be out soon, I'm sure Frey's fine." Damon talked slowly making sure that I was understanding each word.

"Ok, ok, ok." I chanted over and over again.

Saoirse shifted lightly in my arms, groaning, her blue eyes fluttering open and meeting mine.

"Wolf?" She moaned groggily.

"I got you baby. You're alright now. Thank god you woke up." I sighed in relief.

"Where are we?" She still wasn't fully with us yet, I could see that she was struggling to wake up properly.

Damon ushered me into a room since a nurse had come to us to lead us to a private room until the doctor could come and check on her.

"We're at the hospital baby. The doctor will be coming soon to take a look at you and see if you are ok." I reassured her, laying her gently on the bed.

Damon was staying posted by the door, keeping a lookout for the doctor. The nurse was still in the room, hooking my wife to IV tube and making sure she was comfortable on the bed, getting her ready for when the doctor comes.

"Where are the twins? Are they ok?" She asked, worry lacing her voice as she let the nurse do whatever to her, not strong enough to be on any help.

"They are safe and sound with Rose and her kids." She nodded, closing her eyes again.

"She's coming," Damon called talking about the doctor.

"Where's my dad? Is he ok?" She started to mumble, her tiredness taking her over once more.

"Your dad?" I asked confused.

She killed her dad, why was she asking if he was alright?

"Yes, Tadgh. Is he alright? Is my dad alright?" She repeated on a loop.

I didn't have time to answer her that Dr Salvatore came in, her grey hair sighed in a neat bun, a clean pair of scrubs on with her white lab coat over her shoulders.

"Boys, I need you to leave the room so that I can examine her in peace. While I'm doing this, got get yourselves checked up, you look like shit." She honestly spoke to my brother and me.

We nodded, we didn't want to get our family doctor made at us, especially that she knows us inside and out. We went to get cleaned up, I phoned Rose to see how the boys were and if they were safe. All was good, I spoke to my boys who kept asking where their mommy was and it broke my heart.

"Mommy will be back soon." I kept saying to them.

I hung up the phone after chatting with Rose and telling her that we were more or less alright and that Kendyn was still in one piece and that she didn't have to come down and kill me.