come back to bed -Jonah

"Come back to bed" he said as he looked at me picking my clothes up, "I can't I have to get home, I have kids you know" he laughed and nodded "can I meet them?" I turned to him "yeah um... I'll have to get back to you on that" he nodded "they don't know about me" I let out a sigh and nodded

"It not that you aren't a great guy because you are but I'm not sure I'm ready to bring a man Into there life, let me talk to them for a little bit first okay? He smiled and nodded.

I gave him a quick kiss and left, I walked in as my two teenager girls looked at me, where were sitting at the counter "where were you all night" I placed the donuts down and they ran over to get some, "is Jacob up" they nodded.

"He left, something about early football practice" I nodded, "mom you didn't answer us" I rolled my eyes and walked to my room as they followed me.

"It's none of your business, go get ready for school" my oldest laughed "told you she was seeing someone " I turned around and looked at them as my youngest eyes were ready to pop out of her head.

"Where did you hear me say that? Oh wait! I haven't now get y'all asses in your rooms and get dressed" they walked off to their rooms as I took a quick shower and heard my phone ring, telling me I got a text.

"Who's Jonah, he invited you for dinner at his place" I rolled my eyes and took my phone back from my oldest, Cassidy "I'm going to beat your ass, room now" she got up and left walking to her room.

"He's been gone for six years now, we won't hate you if you're happy" she said and gave me a small smile walking out.

———

I sat the food down on the table and paced around the room, "mom stop freaking out, I'm sure we are going to love him" Jacob said and Cassidy nodded.

"Is he handsome" maya asked and I look over to her and nodded, "very" the door bell rang and I went and got it, I gave Jonah a peck as he walked in.

We walked into the kitchen and my kids were finishing sitting down the table, "Jacob this is Jonah, Jonah that's Cassidy and maya" I said and Jonah gave Jacob a handshake, along with Cassidy and maya.

"So Jonah, what do you do for a living" Jacob asked as dinner went on, "well I own a few businesses around town, some out in California" Cassidy nodded.

"You went to college" maya asked as she took a bite of her food, "yes, here actually" she smiled "I go in a few months" Cassidy said, "what's your major" Jonah asked and she smiled.

"Business" he nodded, "quite fun" she laughed and nodded.

———

"I told you it wouldn't be bad love" I laughed as Jonah gave me a hug, "I've got to get going now, I have a meeting in the morning" I smiled and kissed him "goodnight".

"He looks like him" maya said as she sat on my bed, "what?" I asked as I turned over in bed to face her, "Jonah, he looks like dad" I gave her a small smile.

"Is it too weird for you" she shook her head, "it's comforting, it's like dad came back as him to take care of us" I smiled as she let a tear fall down her cheek.

"I know baby, shh" I said as I hugged her, "I like Jonah for you mom" she said laughing in between her cry's.