no more running -Jonah

As I hit the finish line my world went black and I felt myself hit the track ground, when I woke up I saw Jonah, my boyfriend and my mother.

////
Jonah's pov
I watched as y/n ran her mile and of course was first place when she crossed the finished line, I saw her hit the floor and I jumped out of my set and ran on the track, not caring about if people were still running or not.

"Y/n, y/n" I said as I ran and sat beside her, her coach joining along also.

Soon I was watching her get taken to the closet hospital, me following behind in my car while calling her mom, who was at work at the moment.

////
Y/n's pov
"Hey baby" I said and smiled and Jonah, "what happen" my mom grabbed my hand and I gave her a smile, "you fainted" I nodded "I remember that, did I win" Jonah rolled his eyes "baby that's not the important thing right now" I nodded.

"Babe this was my ticket to state, this is extremely important" my mom sighed "baby, the-" "no mom stop, this is stupid guys I shouldn't even be in here, I just didn't drink enough water is all, there is no next year okay because the college I want to go do doesn't look at, it- stop Okay"

Jonah grabbed my hand and the doctor cleared his throat, "I really would enjoy hearing more of your not drinking enough water situation but I think you'd like to know mine better" I nodded as he smiled and walked in

"Okay well, you tore a hole in your heart, which is completely fine because I know a perfect doctor who can fix it" I looked around the room and looked out the window, "when can I run again?" The doctor looked to my mom and rolled my eyes.

"Look at me and tell me, they aren't asking I am" I said and Jonah gave me a look to stop "Well I don't know i- I don't know" I nodded and turned to Jonah "sorry I love you" I turned to my doctor and gave a small smile, "I won't do it if I'll never run again"

"You know y/n if you th-" I shook my head "no, I don't want to have an If I don't do it situation okay, I don't want it and I'm not getting it, end of discussion" my doctor was taken back.

"Can everyone just leave" "please" I said as I turned on my side and they nodded, all leaving but Jonah, he sat on the side of the bed and rubbed my cheek. "Jo I said leave" he pushed the hair out of my face.

"I love you baby, and I'll respect anything that you do, but baby if you don't do this surgery then you will never run, you will never get out of this hospital and if you get it, maybe there will be a chance that you can run again"

"Look I love you but I'm not gonna tell you how to life you're life baby" I moved over and he laid down, he laid down and pulled me into him. "What if I never make it out of this stupid town Jonah"

I cried as he pulled me closer and rubbed my back, "baby you and me will get out I swear" I nodded and smiled and I cried in his chest, "did I win" he giggled and nodded "you always do and you certainly did"

I giggled, "I'll do it but I want you to meet the doctor who is doing it, I don't want to meet him for him to tell me I'll never run again, you're going to tell me that okay, that away I can look forward and think about our kids we are gonna have" he smiled and nodded

"Okay baby, I'll go talk to the doctor"

////
Jonah's pov

"She'll run again but not soon, maybe a few years we need to keep a close eye on her heart and make sure everything is great, we fixed the tear which was very small and she'll be great" I smiled and nodded.

After y/n woke up, I walked in her room and smiled, "great news baby" she smiled at me grabbed my Hand, "you're gonna run again in a few years" she smiled and a tear fell from her cheek.

"I don't want to run again, before I went to sleep I thought about why I started running, and I just don't want to anymore, what if I tear my heart again, I just don't want to run anymore" he nodded "Okay baby, okay" he kissed me and I smiled.