Loopy- daniel

Daniel just got out of his surgery today and his mom had called me asking if I would meet them at their apartment because Daniel had kept asking where I was.

He was my best friend and he said that he was super nervous for today and that he also really hated the fact that I wasn't able to drop him off/ pick him up.

I told Keri that I'd be there in about ten minutes and she thanked me, "Why, what's going on" I asked, getting in my car and putting her on speaker "nothing, he just keeps asking to see you" i smiled.

I might have a slight crush on my best Friend

"Oh okay, I'll be there in a few, has he slept" she laughed "no he refuses unless you are here with him" I felt my heart throb.

———
Once I made it there, Keri answered the door and I Gave her a hug, "he's in his room" I smiled and headed back there.

"Hey Dani" I said knocking on the door, he turned and smiled at me "y/n, hey look I made the side of the bed the way you like it" I giggled and laid down beside him, "can we cuddle" I smiled and nodded.

I was expecting him to open his arms for me to lay down like he normally does when we cuddled but instead he laid his head in my neck and placed his leg in-between mine.

I rubbed his shoulders and back, and with my other hand I ran it through his hair, "You felling alright" he nodded and adjusted his head so he was laying more on my shoulder and chest.

"I just really wanted you here" I smiled and kissed the top of his head, "you sure your feeling okay" he smiled and nodded, "yeah I feel fantastic" I pushed his hair out of his face.

"You're not lying to me are you" he giggled and shook his head "I could never lie to you" my heart fluttered "you're still a little loopy, how about we take a nap and when we wake up we can watch movies" he smiled.

"Can I tell you a huge secret" I nodded, Daniel keeping a secret from me was weird, who wouldn't want to hear this, "I love you y/n, like a lot and not in a best friend way" I took a deep breath.

"What" I asked, he looked up at me, well not really when he moved his head out of the crook of my neck we were face to face, he didn't even say anything but kissed me "Daniel" he nodded.

"I know I'm loopy and when I wake up I won't remember this" I nodded "but I do love you y/n, I don't have this much confidence to tell you when I'm not on drugs" he laid his head back down on my chest "but it was killing me to not tell you"

———

After we woken up, I woke up before Daniel and somehow managed to untangle myself from him, I walked into the hallway and saw Anna walking out of her room, we had gotten close over the years but not as close as Daniel and I.

She knew about me liking him, I grabbed her hand and pulled her into the bathroom, "oh I thought you guys were still sleeping" I shut the door, "he is and oh my god Anna he told me he loved me, and then he kissed me"

Her eyes popped out of her head "he did" I nodded "but he won't remember like I will" she gave me a frown, "so you know he likes you now, go for it" I looked at her "you think" she smiled and nodded "I'm not going to watch you fall in love with him even more for another year y/n"

———
"Oh hey y/n, I made you and Daniel some soup" I smiled a Keri, "is he still asleep" "yeah, I was about to go back in there" she smiled "Anna was right, you should really go for it" i took a breath, "my room is next to the bathroom" I nodded.

"Well I'm going to check on Daniel" she smiled and nodded, handing me the tray with our soups on it, "hey y/n" Daniel said while he sat against the pillows "hey Dani"

I placed the tray down in front of him as he smiled, "so I remembered" I looked at him weird "what do you mean" he giggled "I kissed you" I nodded slowly "and you kissed back but um, you didn't say anything really"

I nodded, "I do love you and I'm not loopy" I bit my lip and kissed him, he grabbed my cheek and deepen the kiss but I pulled away, "we should wait to extend this till you nose is healed" he smiled and nodded.

"I love you too Daniel" i said, I kissed his cheek as he grabbed my hand, "I've waited years to hear that and oh god it sounds ways better than I imagined" I smiled.

"Yeah, no kidding"