Another Chance-Book I

Forward

This is my first attempt at writing fan fiction so I beg your patience as I learn. In Book 1, you will not see the physical passion we all know our Purple Prince is made of due to where he is located physically in the story. But bear with me because the lessons he is learning will make him better, stronger, more sensual and sexier than I have seen him. He will retain some of his boyish charm as well as the strength that we are used to from him. But he will in front of our eyes become the man we have always known he was meant to be. He will also discover that his highly sexual nature has never reached its full capacity. Glimmers of that will be seen in Book I and II but not be fulfilled until Book III. This work of fiction is based loosely on occurrences in Prince's life and upon many of his expressed Spiritual beliefs. I look forward to your comments and hope you will enjoy the read.

Prologue

April 20, 2016-Paisley Park, MN

Prince sat quietly at the piano in Studio A thinking about the events of the last several days. He felt awful. His stomach was cramping and his head hurt horribly. He had been seriously concerned about what was going on with him for the last six weeks. Never a big eater, he had even less interest in food lately and had lost 10 pounds. He had cancelled two shows in Atlanta some weeks ago because he had a bad flu, but had made them up the previous week. Both shows had gone well, but he did not have the energy to do any after-shows which was unheard of for him. Cee Lo Green had attended the second show on April 14 and Prince had invited him into the dressing room to say hello.

"Hey" Cee Lo had said. "Great show man". It is always a joy to see the master at work" he said with a big grin on his face. Looking closely at Prince, he noticed that he looked thinner than he remembered and perhaps a little tired. "Hey yourself Cee. Thanks man" Prince answered. Cee Lo asked "how are you feeling? I've been hearing you have been under the weather". "Still not 100% but I am getting there" Prince had replied. "Well you would have never known it. So, are you planning to show up anywhere in town tonight for an after-party", Cee Lo continued? Prince smiled. He knew the question would be asked and had thought through his response. As lightheartedly as he could, he said" I'm going to show up at my plane and put my butt in a seat and go home". Cee Lo smiled and said "you probably should so you can get better". Prince stood up and shook Cee Lo's hand and said" good to see you brother". Cee Lo smiled and said "you too man". With that Cee Lo turned and left. Prince looked around the dressing room. Kirk Johnson, Prince's longtime friend, sometimes drummer and # 1 security guy had already picked up his throws, pillows and pictures that he always traveled with to make things feel less sterile in dressing rooms and hotels. He had also pulled the video tape that Prince would review in the next day or so. He just didn't feel like doing it on the plane. "I just want to sleep" he thought. He had been thinking that maybe he had done all he came to the planet to do because he wanted to sleep more than he ever had. That thought had crossed his mind periodically over the last three years as his body caused him to change how he performed. Gone were the days of splits and balletic jumps during his shows. He picked up his black tote, took an aspirin bottle from it and tucked it into his pocket and after one more look around for any forgotten items, he called out to Judith Hill...the latest in his long series of protégés and his companion on this trip and said "Kirk is pulling up the car. Let's go." "He already has. He is waiting outside". Judith said.

The flight took off without incident and they were well on their way back to Paisley Park in Chanhassen, Minnesota when the infamous non-responsive episode had occurred. Prince, it was reported in news outlets throughout the world, was very ill from the flu. One US station though, TMZ, begged to differ and reported that Prince had been revived with a "Save Shot" that is associated with Opioid overdosing. He had been advised to stay in the hospital for at least 24 hours but discharged himself against medical advice after 3 said TMZ. The reason given was that there were no private rooms available. During the weeks that followed it would be discovered that there was much more to the story.