Book III-Chapter 25, Gold and Platinum

Gold and Platinum

Christian's POV

Prince and Bella had planned to sleep in until 11:00 AM this morning and had set Prince's phone alarm to wake them.  His phone, however, rang at 10:00 AM and he looked at it with sleep in his eyes checking the time.  "This is Royal" he said with his voice still husky with sleep.  Good morning Royal, this is Christian and I can tell that I woke you, but I think you will find this worth it.  "Okay" Prince said sitting up in bed.  "What's going on"?  "The Album's opening sales have been calculated and the Album itself was certified gold as of Saturday's sales" Christian said.  "What", Prince asked?  "You have a Gold Album and on the streaming service I Love You Still, Bella's Eyes, and 4 The Tears In Your Eyes have already gone Platinum as singles.  I Love You Still was your first Platinum record Royal!" And get this...Get Blue is only a few units away from Platinum as a Single and is expected to hit the status as of Monday!   Royal's second line started ringing. It was Andy calling.   "You have a monster of an Album on your hands...and it is your first! Listen, I know you have a flight to catch, so call me when you get back to LA okay"?  Prince said yes and Christian disconnected the call. Royal's second line continued to ring.  Prince picked up the call. " Hi Andy", he said.  "Hey Prince" Andy said..."did you hear from Christian yet", he asked?  "Yes, I was on with him when you rang in".  "Congratulations son.  I am predicting that this Album is going to go Multi Platinum...and you may even have some diamond singles.  You did it Prince".  Prince listened and was almost speechless but finally said  "No" Andy..."we did it".  Me, Carlos, the Band and the girls,  you and the support of all of our parents...WE did it.  Bella had woken up to the phones and the conversation and sat up next to Prince.  "What is happening" she asked him?  He raised his finger as in just a minute as Andy said" look, all the parents will be attending 4 of the next 5 concerts. We will skip Irvine but be in San Francisco, New York City, Chicago and Detroit.  I talked to Christian last night and they will make the larger Corporate Jet available so we can all travel together and he is going to come along as well.  Call me when you get home...and give Elaine a hug for me".  "Okay man, thanks for calling", Prince said.

Bella, the Album was certified gold based upon Saturday's sales and I Love You Still, Bella's Eyes and 4 The Tears In Your Eyes have gone Platinum as singles on the Streaming Service.  Get Blue is expected to be Platinum by Monday.   Bella screamed "Holy Cannoli".  Prince's phone started to ring again.  This time it was Royal Sr.  "Hi son".  "Hi Dad.  Just a minute dad...Bella go get Carlos and Elaine" he said.  She nodded and pulling on her robe , she ran next door. "Okay Dad".  "I got a copy of Billboard last night...you have an amazing Album on your hands and I just wanted to say congratulations".  "Thanks Dad.  Christian and Andy called to say so".  "I figured they had",  Royal said. " Did Andy tell you we will be at the concerts"?  "Yes" he did.  "Good.  Your mother sends her love.  I know you have to fly in a little while so I will talk to you when you get back to LA.  We are so proud of you Prince".  "Thank you Dad, and thank you for everything you have done to help"!  Bella knocked on the door and had Carlos, who was on the phone and Elaine in tow.  Prince got up and swung Bella around in a circle.  "Baby we are a hit", he said! "You guys were always a hit...now the rest of the world knows it too that's all", Bella said laughing.  Elaine and Bella joined hands and were jumping up and down and squealing like the teenagers they were.  Carlos hung up the phone.  "That was my Dad...he sends his love", Carlos said.  "He said all of the parents will be at all but one of the next concerts"...Bella's phone rang.  She answered, "Hi Daddy".   "I have been trying to call Prince for a while, but the line has been busy.  So I guess you guys have heard".  "Yes Daddy isn't it wonderful"?  "It sure is, your mother is so excited and sends her love to you both".  "Thanks Daddy".  "What time do you leave for LA"?  "At 1:00".  "Well you better get ready.  I will talk to you when you get back to LA.  Can I speak to Prince for a minute"?  She handed the phone to Prince.  "Hi David" he said. " Man...you and the band and the girls knocked it out of the park.  Well done".  "Thanks man", Prince said.  "Call us when you get back to LA", David said.  "Will do".  Prince told them about Christian and Andy's call and that Andy sent a hug to Elaine.  He also shared that his Dad and Mom sent their love.  Bella said ditto.  "This is unbelievable" Carlos said.  Prince and Carlos fist bumped as did Bella and Elaine...and pointing to the ceiling the four of them said..."Praise the Creator".