Book III-Chapter 124, Finally Family

Bella's POV

The trip to Crete had been wonderful. Due to her performing with Prince and the band at this point in her life, Bella had been in many places globally, more than many people would ever see, despite her young age. However, Crete had been more beautiful than most of the beach-focused countries she had been to. It was in many ways more rugged-looking with its rocky caves into which you could swim, but there was something almost primordial about its beauty. It seemed like it was a place on the earth that had not changed much since Creation, and Bella loved it! They had spent many lazy days swimming or boating into some of the caves. They picnicked on the beach, eating some of the local delicacies that both of them found to be delicious. They had made love slowly and sensuously at least twice a day and cuddled a lot while there. They laid in a hammock and talked about their present and dreamed of the future. They were on this trip with their bodyguards, Ross and Ray, while the others and their closest friends were at home. Elaine was almost 5 months pregnant. Carlos took no chances and did not want her to fly that far with her that far along. Elaine was heartbroken about his decision as she felt fine, but she went along to maintain the peace in their relationship. On their last morning in Crete, while they were enjoying a swing in the hammock right after breakfast, Bella started to feel nauseous and found herself hanging over the side of it upchucking for all she was worth. Prince had jumped up and run around to her side of the hammock when she finally stopped. "Are you alright?" he asked? Laying back, she said, "I think so"...her stomach seemed to have settled down a bit once she had emptied it. "What can I get you," Prince asked? Maybe some dry crackers and some sparkling water, she had answered. Prince sprinted inside to one of the casual restaurants in their lovely hotel and brought her what she had asked for. They were flying home that night, and he encouraged Bella to return to the room and gather her strength. By lunchtime, she felt fine, and they thought no more of it. They landed in Chicago at 10:00 PM Chicago time and arriving home, showered, and went to bed. The next morning Bella awoke to a phone call from Elaine. As they were talking, Bella started to feel a little nauseous again. She told Elaine about what had happened the day before and said, "I hope I haven't got some bug." Elaine started to laugh and said, "Bella, do you have a pregnancy test"? Bella sat straight up and said, "well, yes." Just then, she started to feel like she was going to upchuck. Dropping the phone, she ran to the bathroom and did! By the time she was done, Prince was standing at the bathroom door smiling. "Bella, I think you are pregnant." "That is what Elaine thinks too. Oh, I forgot," she said and moved to pick up the phone. she sat on the side of the bed. "Elaine, are you still there"? "Yup," Elaine said. "I think Prince is right. Take the test. I'll be right over"! Bella got up, and Prince grabbed her as she was headed to the bathroom...and kissed her on the cheek. Come on, girl, he said. He led her into their master bathroom, opened one of the drawers, and pulled out a pregnancy test. "Mama, take this, okay"? Bella nodded her head, yes. Prince kept standing there. "Prince, may I have a little privacy, please"? she asked, smiling. "Oh, okay," he said and reluctantly stepped back into the bedroom and closed the door. He stood right outside of it, though, and heard her tear the paper sleeve off of the test and then heard her tinkle. Then he didn't hear anything for several minutes and, for some reason, got very nervous. "Bella, Mama, are you okay," he asked? "Yes, Baby. I'll be out in a minute", Bella responded. It seemed like forever, but finally, Bella emerged with a big smile on her face and said, "well, Prince, I'm pregnant"! "I'm gonna be a daddy," Prince said in the form of a question? Bella nodded her head, yes. He picked her up and swung her in a circle. Then, realizing what he was doing, he carried her to the edge of the bed and gently set her down. "I'm sorry, Bella, are you okay"? "Did I hurt you"? "Are you dizzy"? "Prince, I'm fine, baby. I will not break, I promise". "Do you want to lay down," he asked? "No, Prince, I want to eat breakfast." They heard the doorbell ring, and Bella grabbed a robe and ran to the front door, with Prince right behind her telling her to stop running. Bella couldn't wait to tell Elaine she was going to be a Godmother! Prince went into the kitchen to see Ross standing there. "Ross, I'm gonna be a daddy," Prince said, almost shouting. "What should we make for Bella for breakfast"? " Whatever she wants," Ross said, laughing. "Congratulations, daddy"! "You go relax; I'll cook," Ross said. Prince sprinted to the study with a huge smile on his face. He had phone calls to make Prince thought as he dialed his dad's number. His dad picked up on the second ring. "Hey son. You're home". "Yeah, dad, and guess what"; Prince said for the first time of the 15 times he would say that in rapid sequence as he spread the news. He called Carlos, everyone from the band to Bella's parents and the grandparents. He called Father O'Rourke, Reverand Williams, Christian, and his attorney. He called Greg Landers and his Spiritual mentor Alejandro ...Carlos' dad. Last but not least, he called Andy, who in a way had made all of this possible by letting him play at the Stork so many years ago. It was there he had first laid eyes on his Bella and saw his future right in front of him. As he had many times, he tearfully thanked Andy for everything. He was so happy he thought he would burst! He walked into the sitting room where Bella was talking to Elaine, walked over to his gorgeous wife, pulled her up into his arms, and kissed her. "Thank you, Bella," he said softly and then went back into the kitchen to supervise her breakfast preparation. They were building a baby, he thought...so he needed to be certain the nutrition was right in each of her meals. Bella would later tell him he was going to drive everybody crazy for the next 9 months. But he didn't even care. He was going to be sure Bella had everything she needed to have a healthy baby.