Book III-Chapter 13, The Meeting

The Meeting

Prince's POV

Bella woke up before Prince and quietly went into the bathroom to make her morning water and brush her teeth.  She then went into the kitchen and put the coffee on.  Today was a very important day for Prince and Carlos and would impact all of the members of the band either good or bad.  Bella knew the quality of Prince's music and there was no question that the Album of songs was stellar, but it wouldn't matter how great the music was if no one heard it.  The Promotion Meeting this morning would have huge impact on whether it was heard by a broad enough audience to make it a true success in terms of units sold.  Bella poured a cup of coffee for Prince dressed it to his taste, poured her own and went back into the bedroom with it to wake him.   Prince was just waking as she entered the room and said, "I smell coffee" and smiled at Bella.  She told him to sit up and once he was comfortable handed him his coffee and took a sip from her own cup.  "That's good Mama", he said.  He looked at the clock on his nightstand and saw it was a little after 7:00 AM.  "You know we have time for a little sumpthin'".  Bella smiled and said "not this morning baby, I think you need to focus and get yourself centered".  He knew she was right but she just looked and smelled so good. " Ok" he said..."but I want you here when I get back home so that I can have my way with you"!  He wiggled his eyebrows at her Groucho Marx style as he made the statement and they both had a good giggle.  "What would you like for breakfast" she asked?  "I think I would like a poached egg on toast and some fruit", Prince responded.  "Coming right  up", Bella said.  She stood to go back into the kitchen to start breakfast and he reached out and took her hand.  "I need a kiss" he said.  Bella leaned down and he kissed her long and slow and sought her tongue in the secret way he had of requesting her permission to taste it.  She open her lips slightly and let him touch the very tip of her tongue.  "Ummm" he said.  "Woman you taste so good".  Bella laughed and said..."Take your shower sweet Prince".   She went into the kitchen and found Elaine there pouring a cup of coffee for herself.  "Carlos is in the shower" she said.  "Prince asked for a poached egg on toast with fruit this morning", Bella said.  "Sounds great" Elaine said.  Carlos had not expressed a preference so Prince's request would be this mornings menu.  Elaine went to the fruit drawer in the refrigerator and pulled out some apples, oranges, peaches, fresh pineapple and red grapes and began to chop the fruit for a fruit medley.  Bella put the water onto boil and pulled out four pieces of wheat bread for the toast and four eggs.  As the water boiled she cracked an egg and dropped it into the boiling water and reached over and turned on the warming lamp.  She put two pieces of toast into the toaster and buttered them as soon as they popped up.  Placing a piece of the buttered toast on a plate she retrieved the now poached egg from the boiling water and put it on the toast and then placed the plate under the warming lamp.  She repeated this three more times until there were four plates under the warmer.  Elaine had finished the fruit medley and now set the table.  Prince and Carlos came into the kitchen just seconds apart and sat down at the table.  Bella put their plates in front of them and then did the same with hers and Elaine's.  After pouring 4 fresh cups of coffee and putting the creamer and sugar on the table she sat down and the four joined hands and Prince said grace.  He added a special prayer asking Jesus to be present in their meetings and to guide his and Carlos's decisions.  With that they began to eat.  Elaine asked so are you guys ready for this?  The guys nodded their heads yes.  "Well I know you will put a solid plan together", Bella said.  "I do have some ideas that I want to see incorporated" Prince said.  Carlos nodded his head at that statement too.  They had spent many hours discussing this during down time in their recording sessions.  Prince was dressed for business today.  Black silk blend pants and a black shirt with a silver studded collar and black kid glove loafers. His Valise was on the table by the front door.  Carlos was also dressed in black with a silk closed neck shirt and a black vest with grey trim.  They looked like the professionals that they were.  Surprisingly, while they were both excited neither of them was particularly nervous. Prince stood up and said "let's get going Carlos".  The women walked their men to the door.  Bella hugged Prince and whispered "do your thing"  in his ear.  He smiled and gave her a quick kiss on the lips.  Elaine and Carlos embraced and she said" get it done baby"!  With another look over his shoulder and a little smile, in another moment Prince was gone.  Carlos led the way to the car.