Book III-Chapter 106, The Spirit of Lilith

Who is Lilith?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lilith, The Legend of the First Woman is a 19th-century rendition of the old legend of , the first woman, whose life story was dropped unrecorded from the early world, and whose home, hope, and Eden were passed to another woman.

The legend (doubtless made to reconcile the two accounts in the of the creation of woman, the first of which represents her made with man, and by implication, coequal; and the other as created second and subordinate), is to the effect that God first created Adam and Lilith, equal in authority; that the clashing this led to was so great, that Lilith was cast out from Eden, and the marital experiment tried again, on a different principle, by the creation of Eve. Lilith thereafter wedded Eblis, the prince of devils, and became the mother of demons and specters; and in vengeance upon her rival, Eve, the mother of mankind, became the special enemy of babies, whom she strangles with a thread of her golden hair.

 Lilith thereafter wedded Eblis, the prince of devils, and became the mother of demons and specters; and in vengeance upon her rival, Eve, the mother of mankind, became the special enemy of babies, whom she strangles with a thread of her golden hair

Prince's POV

Christmas Eve Day had gone by very quickly with all the things they had to do. Melvin had gone to the airport to pick up Helen after they had eaten dinner. She had flown in from LA to spend Christmas Day with Melvin, his brothers and their families. Prince had arranged to have David's Security who were on duty anyway to take over for most of his team. This would allow Frank, Larry, Melvin and Ray to spend Christmas with their families as they lived in Detroit. Because Ross was actually based out of Chicago, he would remain on duty for Christmas and see family when they were in Chicago at the end of the mini tour. When Melvin returned from picking up Helen, Prince asked all of his Security team and Bella and Elaine to join him and Carlos in the family room. Helen joined the other women in the kitchen to say hi and to help wherever she could in the preparation of the Christmas meal. On the way to meet with Prince and the team the girls grabbed a box for each of them from under the Christmas tree and sat holding them in their laps.

Prince slid the doors shut on the family room to speak privately to the team. "Frank, when we engaged your firm for our security due to the insanity with Jimmy Sanders, we had no idea of the number of incidents you all would see us through in just one and half years. We knew you were good because Andy, David and Royal Sr. said you were, but we have had reason to develop a very healthy respect for your skills since you took on the task of keeping us out of harm's way. You personally Frank, saved my Bella's life by taking down the man who was trying to kidnap her at gunpoint from The Largo, during our concert there. Phil who has been running your firm in your absence, was badly stabbed protecting us that night and still neutralized the man who did it. Anyone who really knows me and Carlos knows that Bella and Elaine are the greatest concerns we have in this life...and you and this team have treated us and them with the same regard as you would your own families and we really appreciate that". Prince looked at Carlos who continued. "We want to express our appreciation for all that you have done and continue to do. We hope you will accept these tokens of our gratitude knowing that no amount of money can adequately show you how much we value your contribution to our safety and our work, but each year as receipts grow, as we hope, so will this token". With that Prince handed each of the men an envelope. They looked at the contents of the envelopes and immediately there were smiles on all of the men's faces. There were checks in those envelopes signed by Prince and Carlos in the amount of $8,000.00 each. We wanted to give these to you now so you could head home to your families, Prince said. We will see you on Tuesday afternoon for lunch at 12:00 here at David and Kendra's. We will head to the Stork Club to set up instruments at 1:00 for a 2:00 rehearsal. "Just a minute" Elaine said smiling. "We have presents for you too". Bella added, "we really love you guys". The men opened the boxes to find two cashmere turtleneck sweaters one in black and one in white in each box. The team was happy with their bonuses and their gifts. Each of them fist bumped both Prince and Carlos, hugged Bella and Elaine and went to gather their things to leave. Frank went and spoke to Jermaine thanking him personally for seeing after the 4 tonight and tomorrow. Melvin went and found Helen and holding hands, they walked to the door. He and Helen would stay at his brother Frank's tonight as Frank and his wife were hosting Christmas dinner tomorrow for their family. Prince and Carlos saw the men to the door and watched as they piled into the SUV. Closing and locking the door they went to look for their women. The girls had returned to the kitchen and Bella was setting out the desserts that Linda, Nita and Savannah had brought with them. Taking them to the dining room, she placed them in individual lidded Chrystal cake and pie serving dishes. Lemon Meringue Pie, Old Fashion Gingerbread, a Rum and a Black Forest Cake were added to the Sweet Potato Pies that Kendra had made. Elaine was pulling out the table cloth. This year they would use a Stark White Linen Cloth with monogrammed white Linen napkins. Bella pulled the White and Gold China that had already been washed from the China Cabinet setting it on the sideboard while Prince and Carlos put the leaves in the table. Elaine and Bella then put the cloth on the table and began to set it with a formal setting. The men helped under strict direction from their women. Bella could not help but smile as she noticed the level of concentration visible on Prince and Carlos' faces as they handled the delicate China. They were too funny. When finished the table was in a word gorgeous.

Another Chance Book I of IIIOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara