Book III-Chapter 64, The Fame Game

The Fame Game

Bella's POV

Bella and Prince had enjoyed the camaraderie of their friends the previous evening. They were all in high spirits with the schedule being nailed down for the European Tour to support the European Album release and the announcement to come today about Bella's freshman book effort. They had stayed up late and when Bella and Prince showered and had moisturized one another they had cuddled up and fallen asleep. Bella was now awake in the darkened room which meant it was very early in the morning and was enjoying listening to the sound of Prince's even soft breathing. She turned to look at him and could not help but smile at the sight of the beautiful face that belonged to the beautiful man that was sleeping so peacefully beside her. Father, she said silently, I am ever so grateful to you for the gift of this man as my husband and friend. Thank you and help me to be worthy of this gift. In Jesus name, Amen. She laid there looking at him for another moment and then her mind began to move into the things she was to do today. She needed to call Christian and tell him of the calls she had received from the various reporters and talk shows. She would speak to Prince first about the approach that she should take regarding advising him of her game plan and the whys behind it. Once that was done she would settle down to make the calls. As she lay there with her thoughts the room started to get lighter which meant it was approaching 7:00 AM. She got up and went into the bathroom and took care of her morning business and returning to her room heard..."where you going Mama? Why you up so early? Come back to bed...I am missing you". Prince was speaking to her in that amazing deep morning voice of his with his eyes still closed. She shook her head and climbed back into bed and snuggled up to him. He opened one eye and said "that's better". He kissed her on her cheek and then pulled her a little closer. In about 5 minutes he said, "be right back", and got up and went into the bathroom. Just as he was returning to the bedroom, he heard what sounded like someone ringing the front doorbell. He pulled on a robe and told Bella to stay in the bedroom. He went and knocked on Frank's door and he was already up as he had heard it too. He pulled on some sweats and he and Prince headed to the front door. He looked out of the Peep hole and saw three men, 2 of them with cameras at the front door. He did not answer it. Rather he called the local police station, told them who he was and who he worked for and asked that they send a sweep team to get these fools off of his employer's front porch. Two cruisers pulled up to the house within 5 minutes. The patrolmen sent the men on their way, and one of them came in with a business card that showed they were reporters from The Enquirer. Frank shook his head. This was going to be a very difficult little period of time. It would blow over, but he suggested that Prince prepare Bella for the freak show that was right around the corner.

Prince nodded and went back into his room. Pulling off his robe, he climbed back into bed with his Bella. "Who was it Prince", Bella asked? "It was two reporters from The Enquirer", he answered. Bella looked at the clock and then said with her brow wrinkled, "at 6:50 in the morning? Are they crazy?" Prince then began to tell her what they could expect. The more respectable outfits would not be that bizarre for this kind of story, he said, although they could get out there on some occasions too. They could anticipate some real foolish stuff from the others though and add to the mix the paparazzi who would do anything to just get a shot of them as Bella was now news, and it was going to get really crazy before it got better. Bella sat up and looked directly at Prince. "Baby we cannot live like this. We are talking about starting a family and I will not have crazy people stalking our babies". He sat down next to her and gathered her into his arms. "Bella, this is very much a part of the life that my work puts us into...and now yours does too. I promise you though, I will buy us a home that affords far greater security than this place, as lovely as it is, does . I promise you I will keep you and our babies safe...even if I have to give my own life to do it". Bella looked at him and said "I know you will protect us...but do not ever put your life on the line as I think if anything happened to you, I would lose it and our babies need their parents". Her eyes were wet. "Oh, Mama" he said as he laid her down and laid down next to her. He held and kissed her for the next hour. He knew that as soon as they returned from Europe, he would start looking for a home for them that was gated and had some other secure measures he was thinking of. He would talk to Frank and Larry about that this afternoon.