Book III-Chapter 36, Countdown to The Interviews

The Interviews

Prince's POV

The several days of rehearsals before the Good Morning America performance and interview had flown by. The band was playing better than it ever had. It seemed sometimes that the members actually read Prince's mind when it came to his direction. They were becoming greater than he had ever envisioned. Sometimes he had to stop and remember that the vision was not his...it belonged to the Creator. In those moments he became extremely grateful to be allowed to play a part in this Grand Design from heaven. He had awakened early this morning and laid in bed with his Bella. She was sleeping with her head on is left shoulder and he did not want to wake her. He enjoyed these rare mornings where he woke first and had the pleasure of taking in her Vanilla Coconut scent from her hair and skin in the peace and serenity of the early dawn. Her eyelids began to flutter as he looked at her and soon those beautiful almond shaped, deeply brown orbs opened. Seeing him looking into her eyes she smiled and said "Good morning Prince". "Welcome to another day Bella", he whispered as he nuzzled her neck. She giggled. She got up and went into the bathroom to make her morning water and when she came out, he went and did the same. While he was washing his hands he saw her put on her robe and head toward the kitchen. Coffee would be brewing within minutes. He wandered into the kitchen to join her. "So today is the last rehearsal before the show on Monday", Bella said. He nodded yes in response. "Are you excited", she asked? Prince stopped to really think about his answer. "Yes" he said and meant it. It wasn't so much being on the Good Morning America show that excited him, although that was really an honor. It was instead being able to share the gift of the music and the dance with at least a small part of the world that excited him. It always had and always would. Only now it was even more fun. He got to do it with Bella and their two best friends in the world and musicians of an ilk that was mind blowing who also happened to be real friends. He felt very, very blessed indeed and yes...very excited. He shared his thoughts with Bella who smiled.

"Bella, let's go out to breakfast this morning. No bodyguards and no friends...just you and me". Bella looked at him like he was a little nuts. While she understood his feelings, she knew that was not an extremely wise idea and she also knew it probably would not happen in a city like this...ever again. She said nothing though which allowed him to come to his own conclusion.."I know that probably isn't the smartest idea I have had lately, but I really want to be someplace where we can just walk out of our front door without it taking coordination like I am the President or something...because I am not"! She put her arms around him and hugged him and said, Prince, at some point we will find someplace and build a home where we can have that kind of privacy. Let's ask the Lord to lead us to it. He smiled at her and thought she is always thinking of how to help me. "Okay Mama, let's do exactly that". He knocked on Frank's door and when he answered told him, "Bella and I would would like to go out to breakfast this morning. We would like to take the BMW and have you follow us. We need a little normal like time". "I understand, where would you like to go", Larry asked? "Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles...but I know it will be crowded so we will choose something else", Prince said. "You know the new location has a private room with a private entrance. Give me a minute and let me see what I can arrange", Frank said. After about 10 minutes, Frank came out to the patio where they were sitting and having coffee and said "we have the room in an hour. I said do arrangements for 6". "Call back and make it 8", Prince said. I think we all deserve to have some time relaxing with good food. "Will do" Frank said smiling. Prince went and knocked on Carlos's door and asked if they wanted to join them. "You betcha" he said and said they would be ready in 40 minutes. Prince and Bella jumped in the BMW alone and Carlos and Elaine took the Altima. They took to the air and almost felt like normal folks with only the two of them in each or their vehicles. The SUV followed with their bodyguards right behind though. Frank would not let them abandon their safety. They arrived at the private entrance which was well out of the view of the main entrance. It was however decorated like the rest of the restaurant. It was bright and cheery and had the traditional tables with red leather seats in the chairs. In the private room though, there was also a bar, which they would not use, and a big screen Visual Stream which when they entered was playing the video for When 2 R In Love. While that surprised them, it was a fun surprise. The room also had a stage. They ordered the chicken and waffles and dug in with gusto when the food arrived. Prince's fingers were greasy and he was happier than he had been in a while in a social setting. He loved the chicken and didn't care that it was fried. In this existence he was not quite a total vegetarian, although Bella made certain that for the most part his diet was very healthy. She was glad he ate a little meat as long as he did not go overboard. It helped him to maintain his weight which was very important to his overall health. It had worried her so when he became almost gaunt periodically in the last incarnation They drowned their meal in huge cold glasses of orange juice. Prince asked to see the manager and when he came in thanked him for allowing them the use of the room on such short notice and for preserving their privacy and the man, whose name was John Broome, shook his hand and said anytime, adding discretion was his middle name with a smile. Prince paid the bill and tipped the waitstaff generously and then returned to their vehicles and headed for home. As they pulled into the driveway and then into the garage, Prince leaned over and kissed Bella on the cheek and said "thank you Mama". "For what baby", she asked? "For always being willing to join me on adventures no matter how half baked the idea" he responded with his crooked little smile making a mischievous appearance. She laughed out loud and said "always baby" and kissed him back! They went inside and got ready for the afternoon rehearsal.