Book III, Chapter 56, The New Year, Reality and Comfort Part 2

The New Year, Reality and Comfort, Part 2

Prince's POV

Prince's phone rang, waking him from the comfortable slumber that he had fallen back into after making love to his Bella.  "This is Royal" he said with his eyes still closed and his morning voice deep, soft and husky. "Good morning Prince.  This is your dad.  Are you guys okay"?  "Hi dad.  Yes we are fine.  Why do you ask"?  "Your mother and I just saw a story on Cloud Stream about some very unusual happenings near where you performed last night.  We just"...Prince's other line was ringing.  "Just a minute dad".  "This is Royal".  "Royal. this is David and Kendra is on the line too.  Are you and Bella alright"?  "Yes David we are fine.  May I call you right back?  I was on with my dad".  "Of course...can we just call Bella"?  "Sure that would be fine"?  "Dad"?  Sorry that was David and Kendra".  "That's okay son.  We had seen the story and the little boy mentioned your song and we just needed to know you were okay".  

Bella's  phone rang and she had just begun to awaken to Prince's voice speaking to someone.  She reached over to the bed stand and picking up her phone looked at the time.  It was 1:00 PM and it was her father's number.  "Hi daddy" she said answering the call. " Hi baby girl...are you okay"? "Yes daddy...we are fine".  "Well your mother and I were worried.  We saw the story on the news this morning and"..."Daddy...we are fine do not worry.  God and Prince and our bodyguards take very good care of me...and I take care of him", Bella said chuckling.  Her laughter diffused the worry in her dad as she knew it would.  "Say hi to your mother" he said.  "Hi mom".  "Glad to hear your voice" Kendra said.  "You too mom.  While last night was a little scary Paris is a beautiful city and we had a wonderful time.  Prince and Carlos had original dresses made for Elaine and me by Vilard and we sang on stage with them.  Did you see the Angel's hand Mommy"?  "Yes your dad and I both did.  It was pretty amazing".  "Yes it was.  We were safely in our room back at the hotel when it happened, so like you we saw it on Cloud Stream.  Mom, we were just waking up...know that we are okay and will call you before we leave for California okay"?  "We love you baby" Kendra said. " I love you too and so does Prince".  "Okay, we will talk to you soon" Kendra said and disconnected the call.

"Yes Dad, Angels are huge, just like you always said that they were".  "Your mom was really shocked at their size Royal Sr. said.  Well I know I woke you so I will let you go.  Give Bella a hug for me and your mom".  "Will do dad.  We will call once we get home" Prince said just before hanging up.  The phone rang again just as he disconnected with his father.  "This is Royal".  Hi Royal this is Christian.  Checking in to make certain you are okay.  The Mrs. and I are in New York and we just caught the story about the happenings in Paris.  "We are fine Christian, but thank you very much for asking". "When my wife and I saw the Angel's hand frankly, I almost lost it.  But since you are okay, Happy New Year Royal.  Listen last week we did a focus group in California on the theme of the book with some of the larger bookstores and outlets, both print and streaming.  It not only stirred up interest, but we have received 15,000 advance orders.  We had released part of the first chapter as the bait for the focus group and the phone hasn't stopped ringing with orders. That number is unheard of Royal.  This is going to be a monster of a book. We also got some other interesting feedback.  We really need to talk about the book tour".  Prince had put the call on speaker when he started talking about the book so Bella had heard everything.  He looked at her and she said, "Good Morning or I guess I should say afternoon by Paris time Christian.  We will get back late tomorrow and I start classes on the 6th.  We land at 5 tomorrow afternoon.  Royal what do you think about meeting Friday the 3rd say at about 1 or 2"? "We can do that if you feel you will be up to it", Prince said.  "We will make it work Christian if that works for you", Bella said.  Christian was busily pulling up his calendar on his notepad.  "1:00 works and I will buy lunch he said.  See you at the office then at 1:00 on Friday.  Safe travels to you",  he said as he hung up.  Prince's phone rang again.  This time it was Carlos.  "This is Royal",  he said our of habit.  "Hey man.  Did you get the calls from the parents"?  "Yes we did and we also heard from Christian about the book tour.  We set a meeting with him at 1:00 PM on Friday.  They already have advance orders of 15,000 books from some focus group they did last week.  You are welcome to come if you want to".  "Let me ask Elaine".  Carlos filled Elaine in on the happenings with the book.  "She said you bet we will be there man".  "Great, oh and Christian is providing lunch", Prince said.  "Speaking of food, have you eaten"?  "No man...but I am going to call room service.  "I was thinking though maybe we would go out for dinner".  "Terrific Carlos"said.  "What time"?  "Say about 6:30-7:00", Prince answered?  "Cool I will find the place", Carlos said.  "Do you want to call our security team",  he asked.  "Yes I will let them know...but call me as soon as you know the place because you know Frank is going to want to scope it out in advance".  "Okay, I will call you back in a few" Carlos said.  Carlos, did both your parents and Elaine's see the Angel's hand?  "Yeah man.  It was all my mother and Andy could talk about".    "Okay talk to you in a bit", Prince said and hung up.  He was relieved that all of their parent's had seen the Angel's hand.  He now needed to find out if all of the security people did...as well as their wives.  If not...they had a problem.  It was very clear that all around them needed to be claimed by the Creator.  He would find out and soon.