Book II-Chapter 23, Family Is Forever

Family Is Forever

Bella's POV

Bella woke up and yawned as she did. Looking over at Prince, she saw that he was still sleeping but had a huge smile on his face. His eyes were moving and she knew he was dreaming. Whatever the subject was made him happy and so it made her happy too. She knew it was still very early but, Uncle Henry would be here soon with the rest of the food. He had put much of it in the refrigerator and what wouldn't fit, he had put into coolers that he had thought up on hot ice. He would bring the desserts this morning and there would be a ton of them. Of course at the top of the list was sweet potato pie, then apple pie, lemon tarts, strawberry shortcake, and finally brownies. Also, he would want to warm the food in the new oven they had dreamed up yesterday. He said it cooked like a dream. So Bella got up, made her morning water, washed her hands, brushed her teeth and went into the kitchen to make the coffee. She also decided to make Malt O Meal as they would start eating lunch very early, but still needed something of substance in their tummies until then. She cut a melon in half and made melon balls as well. She heard no sounds of movement from either Amiir or Prince. Going back into her bedroom, she dressed quickly but quietly. She wore a beautiful pair of deep purple sweats with gold trim on the jacket and a gold tee underneath. Her gym shoes were also gold. She pulled her long hair into two pony tails after parting her hair down the middle. She then secured them into rose shaped balls with gold hair pins. Her eye shadow was lavender, her blush a soft violet and her lipstick matched her blush.

She was going back into the kitchen to check on the Malt O Meal when she heard Prince say "Mama you look so beautiful. You make me so proud that you are mine". She walked over to him and kissing him on his lovely full lips asked how long he had been awake? "I watched you from the time you started dressing". "Why didn't you say anything", she asked grinning? "Because I love watching you dress. You are so feminine. It makes me feel good to watch you". Bella kissed him again and said "I am going to serve the food. Please get Amiir up and come and eat". "Ok baby", Prince said. Prince went into the bathroom, relieved himself and washed his hands and brushed his teeth and then went to wake up Amiir. Amiir was sleeping with one of the pillows over his face. Removing it, Prince woke him up gently and he said he would be right there. He took care of his morning business and then after washing his hands joined them at the table. "Good morning Bella. That looks good. I love Malt O Meal", Amiir said. Prince said the grace and they dug in. Bella poured the coffee and Prince asked for seconds on the melon balls. Amiir asked for seconds on everything. They both got what they asked for from a smiling Bella. After briefing them on the plan this morning as laid out by Uncle Henry, both of her men went and made up the beds and dressed. Bella cleaned up the kitchen and then went outside and started to put the table cloths on the tables. As she worked she heard JR and Uncle Henry's voices. They had the desserts on trays. Amiir came out to help them. Prince heard the word desserts and came flying out of the house with a big grin on his face and as he looked at the contents of the clear plastic containers said, "I call dibs on everything"! "Oh you" Bella said laughing. They put the desserts in one of the largest coolers and Henry then started the process of heating up the meat in both the indoor and outdoor ovens. He never did believe in using microwaves to do that as he said it changed the flavor of the food. Bella went inside and got the plates and glasses and made certain there was an endless supply of fresh lemonade which she thought up in a fountain that sat on its own round table. They were ready. All they needed now was for the family to start arriving. First to arrive was Bella's Mom, Dad grandmother and grandfather and Uncle Maurice. Her mom and grandmother insisted on helping Uncle Henry. He knew better than to try to stop them, so he let them help. Next to arrive was Prince's mother Mattie, brother Duane and sister Lorna. Bella's cousins Dominic, D'Angelo, Aunties Dorothy, Verna, Ann, and her cousin Nida and great-grandmother Isadora all arrived together. They greeted one another with hugs and Holy kisses and talked about the different things that had happened since they last visited. Then they heard the unmistakable sound of Angel's wings and Michael and Sandalphon joined them and within minutes Samuel, Sarah and Mina had arrived also. They helped themselves to the Lemonade remarking on how good it tasted and Henry announced food would be ready in about 30 minutes. "Just enough time for me to beat you guys at shooting some hoops", said JR. All the guys including Michael and Sandalphon headed to the hoop to start some practice shots. "No using the wings guys", said JR. Everybody fell out laughing. Bella's mother who had been quite athletic in life asked for some people to join in badminton. Dorothy, Verna and Ann were the first to want to play. Everyone was having fun. Henry said food's ready and all those that had been playing lined up to wash their hands in the bathrooms or the kitchen.