Book II-Chapter 22, What Paradise Teaches

What Paradise Teaches

Princes POV

Bella's eyes opened slowly and for a moment she was disoriented. As her mind focused, she realized she was safely in the arms of her Prince. Looking into his face she saw that he was awake and said "how long did we sleep baby"? "Not long Prince said, "an hour and a half maybe. "You were sleeping so soundly I did not want to wake you", he continued. "Thank you", Bella said as she pecked him on the cheek. "I need to get up and get dinner on so we can eat before worship". She started to get up but Prince held her arm and prevented her from doing so. He said "lay here with me for a few more minutes Bella". She snuggled up to him and said are "you okay baby"? "Yes Bella, but I am feeling a little scared". "Of what my sweet" Bella asked? "

Prince took a deep breath and said "when I died, I was so disappointed with how my life had turned out. It seemed that I had everything but I literally had nothing but my music and as great as those musical accomplishments were, they were not enough. I did not realize that until too late. What if I screw up again and I do not provide the leadership to you and our children that I should. What if my pride drives me to secrecy like in the past and things get out of control and"...Bella put her fingers to Prince's lips. "Prince, when you lived your last existence you were for all intents and purposes alone. When we are alone Prince, we make all kinds of crazy decisions trying to find a partner; trying to look strong to the world while we are hurting from loneliness and fear of the same and doing our best without help. I did that too baby. But God has been kind to us Prince. He has given us Another Chance to make our way in the world, but this time with each other. Think about it, in your last existence would you have ever told anyone that you felt scared",? "No Bella; who would I have told"? "That is my point exactly. This time you will have me to talk to. When you are frightened or unsure, I will be there to help you figure it out. When I am scared or uncertain, you will be there to help me find my way. Prince I have told you many times, you are the smartest man I have ever known, and you also need to know that I think you are also one of the strongest and bravest. Look how much junk you lived through, how much you faced and still kept going and despite it all look at all you accomplished. This time around, I just hope you will adjust your mission a bit". "How so", Prince asked? "While I hope that you achieve every thing professionally that you desire, I hope that you consider having a successful marriage and whole and healthy children of greater importance. I say that Prince, because it is from that base the your strength will come and that your contentment will grow. If that is your objective everything else will follow and you will provide the leadership your children and I need". Prince looked at this woman whom he wished to marry and have mother his children and knew that she was right. He could move forward certain that together they could do anything. He could look to the future knowing that it was okay not to have all of the answers and to make some mistakes. He could seek counsel from his God in heaven and this amazing woman that God had given him who would be at his side and know she would never tell him anything that would purposely hurt him. He held her close for a moment and then said with a goofy grin...woman its time to make dinner. She smiled too and got up, put on her robe and went into the kitchen to do exactly that.

Bella washed her hands and turned on the stove and put the chicken in the oven. She took the fresh snapped beans out of the refrigerator and put them in a big pot to boil. She seasoned them and then put some chopped smoked turkey and chopped onion in them for added flavor. Bella took the fresh corn and pulled back the husk and removed the corn silk. She then washed the corn thoroughly put them in a large pot with water and a little salt. She would turn them on a little later so that they would be done at the same time as the beans and chicken. Once all of that was prepped, she pulled out the corn muffin tin and lightly coated it with olive oil. Mixing up the corn meal batter, she poured it into the muffin pan and put that into the oven. She set the timer as a reminder to check on them and then went into the bedroom to make the bed and straighten it up a bit. When she got into the bedroom she saw that Prince, had already made the bed and picked up their clothes and hung them in the closet. They would be performing Creation Song again tonight and so she knew that he would be tired at the end of the evening and therefore was glad that they had taken a nap this afternoon. She heard the shower turn on and sat down in one of the bedroom chairs to wait until he was finished. Prince emerged from the bathroom moisturized, hair gorgeous and olive oiled and quickly put on his robe which he would wear until time to change into the Creation Song apparel. He looked delicious Bella thought. She asked him to listen out for the oven timer and went and jumped into the shower and after moisturizing herself and combing her long thick hair went into the bedroom, put on her undies and put her robe back on. Just as she was done, the timer went off and she went and pulled the muffins out of the oven and set them on the sideboard to cool and checked the chicken. She turned on the corn on the cob and looked up to see Prince looking at her and smiling. "Yesssss", she said in the form of a question? " Nothing Mama", I just like watching you work. They sat down at the table and began to chat. Soon Bella knew Amiir would show for dinner. Whenever there were lemon bars he always did and there were plenty left. Once Amiir got there, they ate, Prince and Bella dressed and they went to worship where they experienced another amazing night of Praise to the Creator and the Triune God.