Book III-Chapter 75, A Test of Resilience Part 1

Countdown to Filming

Prince's POV

The 4 had opened a bottle of Champagne when they arrived at home to celebrate that the casting had occurred just as they had hoped. Before they poured the first glass they took a moment and offered a prayer of thanks to the Creator for having guided them through the treacherous waters they had faced in the last two days and they also thanked him for graciously having brought the woman that Aza had killed home to Himself. They praised Him simply because He was God and deserving of their praise and for all of the blessings that He was allowing them to enjoy together. They asked for nothing other than that He help them to be pleasing to Him in all they did on this film and in their lives. They poured the Champagne and then toasted their success in gaining the roles in the film and to the future success of the movie. Elaine and Bella then heated up the rest of the Roast Chicken dinner and they ate the lovely meal. It was even better than it was yesterday!

After dinner, Frank and Larry took clean up while everyone else went into the family room. Prince put on some music which included the song he had recorded while they were on holiday. "What is the name of that" Elaine asked Prince? "I don't know yet, I just know that it is for the movie or the next album, he said. "It is quite beautiful", Elaine continued. "Yes, it is," Bella said. "Let's see what scenes we need to work on for next week," Prince said. The 4 read through the scene books they had been given. Prince noted that the scenes would include primarily dialogue. He needed to know when they would be filming the musical performances so he could schedule rehearsals to blend with their shooting schedule. Reaching into his pocket, he retrieved his phone and dialed Anthony Pacino. The phone was picked up on the third ring. "Pacino", he heard a voice say. "Hi, Anthony this is Royal". "Hey man", Anthony said. "Do you have a few minutes to speak on the phone", Prince asked? "Yes, my wife is grilling some goodies for dinner and I was just enjoying a beer. How can I help"? "I was reviewing the shooting schedule and noted that we are doing only dialogue next week". "Yes, that is the plan". "We are going to be shooting the Paradise scenes for two weeks. Then we will move to the Reincarnation scenes for the next 2 weeks and then will dedicate the next 6 weeks to the last section which begins when The Royal Prince plays for the first time at The Stork Club and sees Bella again and ends with the birth of their first child. We will shoot all of the dialogue for the final section weeks 5-7 except for that dialogue that is contained within a musical number. Weeks 8-10 Music Shoot". "Okay so that I can plan rehearsal time...how long per day do shoots last. Until we get them right, but as a general rule, I like to be done by 4:00 PM daily. The musical shoots will be done at the Stork Club in Detroit. (Christian had kept his word and got the musical setting for the film moved on location at The Stork where it had all begun for them at a price of $300K to shut the club down for 3 weeks. Needless to say Andy was thrilled.) All other shoots will be done on the Arista Film Production Lot". "Got it! Thank you Anthony". "You're welcome kiddo. Have a good night"! Anthony disconnected the call. He really liked this Royal Prince guy.

Prince had taken copious notes on paper that Bella had handed him. They had a 10-week shooting schedule and no music would be filmed until week 6. He would call the band and schedule rehearsals for Wednesday and Friday of this week and then for two hours every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday going forward through the filming schedule. To be on the safe side, he would schedule the rehearsals at 6 PM and they would quit at 8 PM. He knew that to run any longer would get a rise out of Bella as they would have already been working at least 11 hours each day when rehearsals began. He also knew she would be right. Prince excused himself and went into the study and pulling out his lyric notebook, he copied the schedule into it. Returning to the family room, he asked Carlos to turn down Cloud Stream and went over what he had been told and what that implied about the rehearsal schedule with everyone including Security. This was going to be an ambitious 10 weeks. They had to stay on schedule for more reasons than one. One of the major reasons had nothing to do with the studio. They still had a wedding to plan and 10 weeks out would be the week of November 14. He really wanted to wrap the film before Thanksgiving and enjoy the holidays with their families which would be an excellent time to work on the wedding because everyone would be together. "Lord...help us to stay on this time-line,"he thought. " I will", he heard Jesus say telepathically. Prince smiled and grabbing the remote off of the table turned up the sound on Cloud Stream and the excited group listened to the rest of the news before breaking up for the evening and heading to their rooms.