Book III Chapter 54, A Parisian New Year's Eve

A/N yes I dropped Extraordinary in this Chapter too. It is one of my favorites and cannot be heard too many times. :-)

A Parisian New Year's Eve

Bella's POV

Once the plane had landed and had cleared customs which Captain Landers had arranged for them to do on the plane, they had gotten their bags and the two couples had been whisked away in their waiting limo along with two of their bodyguards. The limo was provided by Le Marianne, the hotel in which they were booked. A second limo, also from the hotel carried the rest of their party. They arrived in the air limo within 20 minutes of leaving the airport and were immediately checked in and escorted to their rooms. When they got into their rooms, Bella's eyes sparkled at what she saw. Each room was actually a suite with a lovely seating area, a desk, a Cloud Stream unit in both the living area and the bedroom. which had a king-size bed and lovely oversized chairs and a mini sofa. The palette was neutral with a strong use of a pale gray. It was absolutely divine in appearance. A balcony that overlooked the Champs-Elysees with its amazing restaurants and world-renowned shops was the finishing touch. Prince stood smiling as he watched Bella's response to the rooms and the balcony. She came back into the room from the balcony and walked quickly to him and hugged him. "Prince it is so beautiful. I love it" she said. Prince smiled again and kissed her gently on her lips. " I love you and I am glad you are pleased. Let's get unpacked and maybe take a walk up the road to one of the restaurants and have breakfast". She shook her head yes and focused on the task. He looked at the clock on the desk to make sure of the time. It was 7:30 AM. They had landed at 6:10. Bella had unpacked her things and was just beginning to do Prince's when his phone rang. "This is Royal," he said walking back out to the sitting area. "Yes. Just leave it with the manager at the front desk as we will probably be out to breakfast when you arrive". Prince thanked the caller warmly and then dialed the hotel. " Is the Manager in yet" he asked? Whoever had answered said yes and transferred him. The Manager was named Jean-Paul and Prince told him what he needed and what he wanted him to do when it arrived. The Manager smiled to himself and said with a pronounced French accent, "very romantic. I will take care of it personally". Prince thanked him and made a mental note to be sure to tip him generously. He then picked up the desk phone and asked for Carlos's room. "This is Carlos", he heard him say as he picked up the phone. "This is Prince". "Do you and Elaine feel like walking up the Champs-Elysees for breakfast"? "Yes," Carlos said. "We are starving". "Okay, I will find a place...would you let the bodyguards know", Prince asked? "Sure," Carlos said and then disconnecting called Frank and gave him the plan. Prince called the concierge and asked where they might eat breakfast on the Champs-Elysees? The Cafe Le Jardin du Petit Palais was strongly recommended. Bella brushed her teeth, washed her face, combed her hair and put on light makeup, grabbed her coat, and was ready to go. They met Carlos and Elaine on the way out as they were in the room next door and all of the bodyguards and their wives at the elevator as they too were on the same floor. There was a mood of excitement among them this morning. All were very happy to be in Paris and this wonderful hotel in the hours before the Eve of a New Year. They arrived in the lobby and headed out the doors to their breakfast destination.

When they arrived at the restaurant they were really impressed. The place was in a magnificent building and had a magnificent outdoor venue that was warmed by warming lights. They, however, chose inside seating which was also very nice. They sat down and had a waiter that spoke fluent English and ordered some breakfast quiche, croissants with cheese and fruit and coffee and orange juice. The food was amazing and the service impeccable. Since they had been seated at a long table with seating on both sides, Prince thought it an ideal time to share their plans for the evening. He told them about the 5 course tasting menu thanks to Ross at L' Orangerie and then the show at Le Trianon where he would sing a few songs. Carlos told them about their college friend who had invited them and Prince asked if it would be alright to call upon Bella and Elaine to do harmony with Carlos and himself? The girls looked at each other and giggled and said "sing in Paris on stage? You bet you can" they said collectively and giggled again. Prince put his arm around Bella and kissed her lips and said "thanks Mama". Carlos kissed Elaine on the cheek and said "you are truly a trooper"! Elaine blushed and then kissed him back. They enjoyed their breakfast and Carlos paid the bill and then they decided to take a walk down the Champs- Elysees. As they walked, they came upon the L'Orangerie where they would have dinner tonight. Ross told them that it was a 5-star restaurant, one of the most beloved and respected in Paris and as they looked through the window of the yet to open restaurant, they could understand why. It was beautiful but also elegant. Exactly what Bella would have expected Prince to select. She would have to get some pictures of this place to show her parents. It was really gorgeous. Their friends were talking about the beauty of the place and then they walked a little farther down until they came to a street flower vendor. The men all bought their women a small bouquet of fragrant flowers and then walking a little further came to the Coco Chanel shop. They peered into the window. It was so elegant looking inside. Perhaps they could return to see the inside if they were not too tired tomorrow. The happy group then turned around and headed back to the hotel. They had a 6:00 PM reservation and Prince needed to talk to his musician friends before they laid down and took a nap. It was going to be an unforgettable night.